“Comfortable beds, easy to get to off 95”

Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford
Ranked #4 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Baltimore, United States
“Comfortable beds, easy to get to off 95”
Reviewed April 17, 2013

A very convenient location with comfortable beds, good breakfast in morning, free parking in garage. very pleased overall. Park across the street would have made for a great morning walk/run if we had not been pressed for time. this was a quick, one-night stopover for us.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple

1 Thank Alexander P
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, April 23, 2013
It is nice to read how you liked our beds. Thank you for posting such a nice review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and we look forward to your next visit.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (54)
  • Polish first
Queens, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

The quality and responsivness of the staff was extremely lacking. From a simple task: our remote control was not working, we called guest services to request a new one. We were told someone who come to our room - no one ever did. We experienced major issues with checking out and settling our bill (too long a story to detail here). I'll just say we were disappointed with the quality of service and will not stay there again.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with friends

2 Thank Cecilia N
Thank you so much for your recent review. We always appreciate hearing from our guests - including when comments help identify ways we can improve. I understand that there were some issues that inconvenienced you. I thank you for bringing this issue to my attention so that we can follow-up with our team. It is through feedback as yours that we evaluate ourselves and identify the areas where we can improve.
Kennebunkport, United States
Reviewed April 17, 2013

AAA plus - great hotel, amazing staff, clean spacious rooms, great breakfast in the morning, indoor parking and a fantastic value. Close to Stamford Transportation Center if you need to travel to NYC, but don't want to take a car into the city

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family

2 Thank Marian R
, I thank you very much for your review of our hotel the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and sincerely hope that you will stay with us next time you’re in town.
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I want to be as objective as possible, but my experience at this hotel was sub-par at best. The check in process was rather quick, but the young lady behind the counter was less than welcoming and was more concerned with letting us know about the "breakfast buffet" in the morning. The room was clean and the bed was comfortable, but that is where it really ends. The room was very warm, the refrigerator wasn't working, and the TV had a grainy picture. I turned on the A/C to cool the room down while I was out and after several hours, the room was a balmy 80 degrees. I had several interactions with the hotel staff regarding this issue and the matter was not resolved. I requested to speak with the manager about the problem and after 2 days, have yet to hear from him. I was not offered another room and the best solution they could come up with was to open the window and use a fan. Now, I would have gladly accepted this if it made my room bearable, but it clearly did not. All of the public areas were kept at a comfortable temperature, I don't see how a guest room could not be kept at a similar temperature. The final straw was when I was told that the A/C had not been turned on in the hotel yet. I guess they don't understand that a customer doesn't want to hear excuses when they are paying to stay in their establishment.

Room Tip: Check the climate controls in your room to ensure they are working before accepting it.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, April 16, 2013
Thank you for staying with us and sharing feedback on your recent visit. We are very sorry for the quality of services you received in regards to your air conditioning unit and we will use your experience as we constantly look for ways to improve guest satisfaction. We hope you will consider staying with us at again the next time you return to the area so we may show you the comfortable accommodations and friendly Hamptonality you have come to expect from our brand. If we may be of any additional assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our offices directly.
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed April 10, 2013

I've stayed here before and I am always pleased w/everything. The rooms are very spacious and spotless. The front desk employees are always great. Free breakfast is above average. I love that the hotel is in walking distance to the Metro North/Amtrak station and to Main St. which has quite a few restaurants/bars. The rates for this Hampton Inn are always reasonable. Highly recommend.

• Stayed April 2013
KanaHotelGroup, Manager at Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, April 30, 2013
It is always nice to hear from our return guests here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and know that you are always pleased. Thank you for taking the time to give us such a nice review. We look forward to your next visit.
Grand Rapids, Michigan
Reviewed April 8, 2013

My room was clean and comfortable. I like that the windows open for some fresh air.
The food is very good and they have a great Indian Cuisine Menu. Nice walking trail across the street along the river.
There is also a nice mall just a few blocks away with many restaurants.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
 We are delighted to know you had a wonderful time here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and hope to see you again when travel plans permit!
Mass
Reviewed April 8, 2013

In my opinion, I had a very good room for an excellent price and the staff was more than helpful with providing directions to area eateries and also with directions to the train station for taking a train into New York City. They even have free parking on site which is well lit under a parking garage.

Room Tip: We had two rooms and both were very good.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
Our main concern is for all our guests to have a welcoming stay here at the Hampton Inn & Suites Stamford and I am thrilled that we were able to make your stay enjoyable. Thank you very much for your business and I do hope that next time you are in town, you stay with us again