Tripadvisor
Stamford
All reviews valet parking great location within walking distance front desk movie theater shuttle service burlington coat factory room was clean valet staff good size train station room service bars and restaurants target lobby sofa
Selected filters
Reviewed November 26, 2019

We were in Stamford attending a wedding. Stayed two nights. Nice, clean property, staff were outstanding, Gave us recommendations for restaurants. Shopping and restaurants within walking distance. There is a shuttle from train station, no cost.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 23, 2019

We have been many times at the Courtyard. With each visit we feel welcomed and able to relax without much restraint.
The staff is always helpful, always ready to help or to direct inquiry
One very notable UP in service is the new owner of the restaurant for breakfast within the hotel. from a zero to a five!! Breakfast was great well-served, delicioius and hot from a staff who cared and revisited the tables.. Atta-go Courtyard.

Date of stay: November 2019
Reviewed November 6, 2019

Stayed 11/18 - 11/20/19 for my niece's wedding. Location is great for local amenities in Stamford. The parking is not good, texting service for valet parking did not work well at all.
Saturday morning 11/19 stopped in at Bar Zepoli in hotel for coffee and breakfast sandwich. Staff was very friendly, food was good quality. As with all hotels and services the restaurant was very under staffed and slow.

Room tip: Higher floors have a better view of the city.
Date of stay: October 2019
1  Thank Tim R
Reviewed September 4, 2019 via mobile

Our room was nicely decorated and very clean. The bathroom was new-ish. Beds are comfortable but mattresses needed to be rotated (I felt like I'd roll off if I wasn't in the center). The staff is extremely nice & accommodating. Good restaurant for breakfast. The bar was closed for renovations. Valet parking only. The only slight disappointment was that the towels were old looking (grayish in color, not white). However, we enjoyed our stay and would book again.

Date of stay: September 2019
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Reviewed June 1, 2019

As a loyal Marriot brand guest, I was incredibly disappointed in this hotel. First off, I reserved two rooms and specifically requested one of the rooms was to be handicap accessible for my elderly grandmother. The shower had grab bars, but there was none by the toilet. I don't see how this could be ADA compliant.

Rooms- Our sheets were dirty, as you can see in the photos... this is disgusting and unacceptable for a hotel. The fixtures were cheap and crooked, and there was old popcorn ceilings. The air conditioner started making odd noises in the middle of the night and woke me up, but it was very hot without it so I just dealt with the noise. I did not sleep well at all to say the least. This is definitely not what I was expecting given the hotel was updated last year. It looks well over 10years old.

Dining/ Room Service - First we asked for a pitcher of water as there was absolutely no water in the room. They brought us up water in a plastic food container with a lid.... are you serious??? (See photo).

We called to order dinner in the room and were told that they use Barcelona for their room service orders. The food came up in a take out bag, not on a table. We ordered two dinners and they gave us one plate, no napkins or utensils. The cheese board was literally 3 slices of cheese in a box. This was ridiculous, I would have gone to an actual restaurant if I knew this is the service we would receive.

Check in and Valet- This was fine, no issues.

Overall, I would steer clear of this place. No attention to detail or care for their guests needs. There are plenty of other places in the area to choose from.

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
JasonC7197, Manager at Courtyard by Marriott Stamford Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 2, 2019

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your feedback regarding your stay. We sincerely apologize for not meeting your expectations during your visit. We will share your information with the appropriate departments to ensure the issues you experienced are corrected.

Although we do not own or operate the dining/room service, please accept our sincerest apologies. We will address these concerns with them as well.