“Happy to support this gem !”

Avon Theatre Film Center
Ranked #1 of 5 Fun & Games in Stamford
More attraction details
Owner description: The Avon Theatre features the best of independent, documentary, foreign films and Hollywood classics, and educational programming that enhances the cultural richness of the Stamford community. The Avon is a non-profit, member-supported organization that has been described as an eclectic and whimsical picture house. The theatre is highlighted by an original exterior facade, framed by a restored vertical "AVON" marquee that lights up the Connecticut sky at night.
Stamford, Connecticut
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Happy to support this gem !”
Reviewed May 9, 2013

We are so lucky to have the Avon Theater in Stamford. This totally restored 1939 landmark shows the best films as well as cult classics. It is like being at home, and such a nice staff. Popcorn is the best and real butter, or a cup of coffeee or tea. I am happy to support and be a member .

Visited May 2013

Norwalk CT
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Enjoy movies again”
Reviewed March 30, 2013

Be a member! You support a great institution, with outstanding movies, and an imaginative selection of lectures by film greats, including producers, writers and actors alike. The theatre is clean and comfortable, with relics of the turn of the (20th) century decor still visible.

Visited February 2013
Chelsea
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Moonrise Kingdom!”
Reviewed March 29, 2013

I don't think it matters what you see there, Its not your Multiplex,Cinema experience, that we all expect, It was noticed as I bought our ticket for Moonrise Kingdom, where I was greeted by the usher. I noticed the renovated interior, butwith its past architecture in Tack, From a bygone time, I noticed actors and actress posters on the wasl with dates and signatures, and realised that these actors were here in person discussing there Movies . As well as showing there selected movies, Wish I could and hopefully experience this at some future time , After watching "Moonrise Rising " I stepped out to the washrooms and thought I was in the movie I was just watching, with the Interior walls and artwork, So in turn I saw the perfect Movie in the perfect theater, It was a pleasuable experience that I didn't think existed in these times. Please Visit. I am sure they have picked the best movie of the day to be played there so you can enjoy the same experience I did. A diamond in the rough.

Visited April 2012
1 Thank bthras58
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Great Choice”
Reviewed March 25, 2013

Love the films and the place is nicely decorated. Could you get here and see an avant-guarde or off beat art film, because it's well worth it!

1 Thank Sandy M
Stamford, CT
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Theater featuring "Art" Films.”
Reviewed January 25, 2013

Local cinema that features "art" films ... high quality for "selective" audience. Usually good choices offered.

Visited December 2012