“Great food, pure vegetarian and Kosher VAAD certified”
Review of Navaratna

Navaratna
Reserve with OpenTable
Navaratna is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #19 of 473 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed January 19, 2013

I've tried a lot of Indian food. Last week I was leaving the Stamford downtown mall and noticed Navaratna. I went in and ordered the Palak Paneer and salted lassi. The lassi was some of the best I've ever had. The Palak Paneer was good too, a little too salty for me, but everyone else loved it. The staff was super friendly and professional. The place looks very clean, although not fancy, the prices are great. I like the fact that the restaurant is purely vegetarian. They really seem to specialize in making their dishes delicious so you don't miss meat. I rate this place above Tandoori taste of india in Port Chester NY.

Reviewed January 11, 2013

This place far exceeded my expectations. We stopped on a road trip only because it was on the way... and now we are sorry we don't live in Stamford! The food is totally authentic... evidenced by the fact they had a full house and other than us there was only one other non-Indian table. They have south Indian specialties in addition to the usual northern fare, which was a real treat. We had 6 different dishes and all were delicious and even the curries we were very familiar with came out a cut above those made by our favorite veg. Indian place in Manhattan. I especially recommend the Alleppy curry and the malai kofta. We did not try the dosi but they were very popular and also looked and smelled great. The place is a little small and you have to walk through the bus area to get to the restrooms, but that was completely overshadowed by the wonderful food. We plan to make this place a regular stopping point on all road trips north, and would recommend it to anyone who likes Indian food.

Reviewed December 31, 2012

This place has got some great Indian vegetarian food. It is perfect for almost any sort of meal no matter if it is breakfast, dinner or just a small snack. The place is also quite clean and the staff are quite quick to respond to your orders and demands. Last but not the least the place offers amazing value for money.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Great food and service. Menu is very diversed for vegetarian India. The atmosphere is quaint and very casual. The patio is great in the warm weather months.

Reviewed November 6, 2012

They get 4/5 for food, 5/5 for prices and 2/5 for ambience... great place for take out though - 5/5 for that as well

I have tried their hara bhara kebab, samosa chaat, dahi puri and schezwan idli and the taste is awesome!!

Their dosas are usually great, the paneer-spring dosa was an exception... it took long to arrive (spring dosas always do) and the paneer was a bit dried out. But the rava onion dosa totally made up for the loss ;)

They could probably do better by removing the bar and redecorating a bit... but once the food arrives I cannot care less about the decor... i go there often and plan to keep trying out their menu items.

Been to Navaratna? Share your experiences!