Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford
Courtyard
$240
$186
  • Restaurant
All reviewspancake machinecinnamon rollsparking garagefront deskcrowne plazafridge and microwavespacious roomthe breakfast areawithin walking distanceincluded breakfastnight's sleeptrain stationcheck in was a breezenice propertywould stay againper dayfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 17, 2014

We really enjoyed our stay here. The hotel staff was friendly and helpful, and allowed us to check in early after several hours of travel. The room was spacious, clean and comfortable. The rates were reasonable, as well. You have to park in a garage, but it's not too far away. Valet parking was $12, and we were told it would be $10 to self park, but it only cost us $2. Would definitely recommend this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
Hanithah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2014

Dear JudyEClark,

Thank you for leaving such an outstanding review of your recent stay with us! I am pleased to hear that you enjoyed the comfort of the room, as we work exceptionally hard to provide our guests with an enjoyable experience.

I am also pleased to hear the great comments about our hotel staff, as they try to ensure the comfort and satisfaction of all of our guests at all times. Thank you again for leaving such positive feedback, as it provides motivation for us to continue to do well!

Hanithah M

Reviewed June 11, 2014

This hotel is run by amateurs. No one ever seems to know what is going on at the front desk. I had two experiences on the phone; the first was a call to see if the hotel had an ATM, simple question right? Not so much, I was put on hold and forgotten...how do you not know? My second experience was calling to have the shuttle pick me up at the car rental office after being told by the driver in the morning when he dropped me off that he could pick me up - he gave me a card so I had the number to call. Long story short, after two calls and waiting 90 minutes I took a cab. There always seems to be some issue going on at the front desk and it seems to always be under staffed. Wouldn't recommend for anyone.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank DHatchMatt
Hanithah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded June 13, 2014

Dear DHatchMatt,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave us a review for your recent stay. While I am disappointed to hear that your overall impression is negative I am grateful that you left feedback, as we use our guests feedback to make improvements.

I am sorry to hear of the long hold time you experienced, as well as the delay in the shuttle. During peak traffic and sell-out days we can experience wait times of up to an hour, however we are addressing the situation to ensure that we are providing the most timely and seamless services to our guests.

If you have any further questions or comments please feel free to reach out directly, as we always appreciate an opportunity to communicate with our guests.

Hotel Staff

Reviewed June 1, 2014

I stayed in April on business and had a wonderful stay. The front desk staff was very nice and helpful, especially Donald and Lily..top notch service! The rooms were very clean and had a modern look to them, which was very pleasant. I love that they offer free shuttle rides downtown. That was very convenient! I travel a lot for work, and so I interact with a lot of hotel staff. This hotel has had some of the best staff I've dealt with. I will definitely recommend this hotel to friends, family, and coworkers.

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
1  Thank alin117
Hanithah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2014

Dear alin117,

Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us. I am pleased to hear that Donald and Lilli were able to assist you during your stay and went above and beyond to leave a positive impression.

I am also glad that you were able to enjoy the complimentary shuttle service during your stay, as we know that traveling in unfamiliar areas can be taxing. We hope that you will consider us for your future travels and thank you again for your positive review!

Hanithah

Reviewed May 28, 2014

I recently had the pleasure of staying overnight at the Holiday Inn Stamford and I will definitely be back. The staff was excellent and went above and beyond to assist me during my trip. The parking garage was a bit confusing to navigate but the front desk were able to provide me with a discounted valet parking which was an extremely nice gesture. The rooms were also very nice and looked like they had been recently updated. My room had a microwave and a fridge which was a huge bonus. I will definitely stay at this hotel again if my travels bring me back to the Stamford area.

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled solo
1  Thank SmithB1964

Dear SmithB1964,

Thank you for taking the time out of your day to leave such a wonderful review of our property. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed the rooms, the cleanliness, and the assistance of the staff. We are also glad to hear that the comfort of the room and amenities were able to meet your expectations during your trip.

We look forward to welcoming you back, should your travels bring you to Stamford again.

Hanithah

Reviewed May 21, 2014

Had a lovely stay there. A room is new renovated, quite spacious, clean. Staffs are very friendly. About 15 minutes few minutes walk to downtown, mall, restuarants downtown etc,.. There are a park nearby where i can go for a run. There are not fitness facility there though and swimming was still under contraction when i was there. But all in all nice and reasonable price.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled solo
2  Thank someoneelse_notme
Hanithah M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2014

Dear someoneelse_notme,
I sincerely appreciate you posting such an amazing review. Our hospitality team strives to go above and beyond to ensure all our guests are taken care of. It is always good to hear when our guests notice and appreciate it.
Thank you again . Safe travels and see you soon !
Warm regards