“great value, friendly staff”

Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford
Ranked #10 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Madison, Wisconsin
“great value, friendly staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 21, 2014 via mobile

After a long day of travel, the Holiday Inn in Stamford upgraded us to a 2-bedroom suite without any hassle at all. The staff is friendly and helpful. Our room was spacious with contemporary furnishings. We had been staying in NYC just previously so it was nice to have some accommodations that took themselves a bit less seriously by not charging for internet and having a coffee maker in the room. The only drawback was the breakfast. Yes, it's free but the quality is pretty low.

Stayed March 2014, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Greek first
Connecticut
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 20, 2014

I stayed nights for business. As reported by others, parking is a hike to the lobby and to the room. The kiosk to pay for parking takes a bit of figuring out, but it appears the kinks in the parking (reported by others in reviews) have been worked out. The room was very clean and pretty good size for this level of hotel. The breakfast is befitting the price point. The 'business center' (two computers and a printer) left something to be desired. The printer was not functional both days I was there. No fax or scanning capabilities. The desk persion said I could e-mail him my documentsw and he would print it. I did that which entailed multiple trips from my room to the front desk. Not convenient and no particular concern noted for the non-functioning printer.
The location isn't ideal but niether is it bad. I decided to walk to dinner one of the nights and it seemed to be about a mile to a very wide array of good restaurant choices.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevators. It can be a long walk.
  • Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, April 6, 2014
Dear Roycethevoice,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience with us. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations.

I sincerely apologize for you did not find some aspects of our hotel to your liking and for the inconvenience you had with some services in our business center. We deeply regret that we were not able to exceed or at least meet your expectations.

Guest comfort is of the utmost concern to us and our hotels are committed to making every possible effort to provide a comfortable environment. Your review will be used to consider improvements needed and we hope that you can give us a chance to show what we have done.

Dhan M
Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 24, 2014 via mobile

I am glad to hve stayed at this HIE duing my recent trip. staff that go extra mile makes this hotel stand apart. when My room key didnt work ( I kept in the cell phone holder all day ) i was assisted immeditately . The manager was very apologetic and she walked up with me and made sure the new keys work for my room . she also send up a personal note with her business card with voucher points for my trouble although I had a feeling my key was demagnetized for having it the cell phone holder.
the room itself was modern and efficient and comes microwave and refrigerator. The property was clean, beautiful, and inviting . self parking is a bit of a walk but it is easily solved with valet parking . Free wifi, business center and free shuttle are just added bonuses .

Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 22, 2014

Worst place I've ever stayed we couldn't even get half an hour sleep because around six am doors start slamming every five minutes. When we complained the manager could care less she was rude and did not want to give us a refund she could care less if our stay was a good one. Worst night ever!!!! The corridores were filled with noisy children who had no parents apparently to tell them to stop running. Horrible I would have slept better in my car worst experience ever!!!

• Stayed February 2014
1 Thank latintravele
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, March 12, 2014
Dear latintravele,

Thank you for your review about your stay. It is truly unfortunate to see that you did not fully enjoy your time at the hotel. We take comments such as these very seriously and your feedback will help us target opportunity areas. We have sent you a private message addressing your concerns. We hope that you will give us a chance and allow us to redeem your faith in our products and services.

Dhan M
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 20, 2014

I stay at the Hotel regularly several times per month when I am in Stamford on business...They have a great staff...extremely accommodating... ensuring that I have want I need to be comfortable...The rooms and on-site amenities make it an ideal location for the business traveler...The shuttle service to any location nearby the property is convenient & allows you to leave your car in the parking garage or the valet...the bars and restaurants are a shuttle away to all the night-life...

Room Tip: I always stay in the higher floors...
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Illiopolis, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 19, 2014 via mobile

This is a Great hotel with outstanding staff. Clean, beautiful , really comfortable beds, best night sleep I ever got in a hotel room .
I was impressed with their modern decor and great staff that greets you every time you are in the lobby. I felt like family by the 2nd day I was there. Definitely will return again !

Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
Plymouth, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2014

Stayed with family for re union for 4 days in king room. Very neat, clean, comfortable with nice well managed personable staff. Asked for a quiet room not on the streets. Our Kink room was not High End, but was basic, comfortable and newly refreshed. No food or bar on site; or even really close nearby. Free breakfast in the morning. Only complaint was the air freshener used. It was quite overpowering, for everyone's room in our party. Once we asked to stop spraying, we still could smell the heavy scent; not typical for any hotel I have stayed in (many). The Chinese / Sushi place across the street is excellent with a huge menu. There are also very good take out places that deliver, mostly Italian and Greek and a nearby mall for shopping. Overall enjoyed our stay; decent for the price we paid. Good local transportation to NYC. We took their free shuttle to the train station and ended up at Grand Central where we then picked up a cab and went straight to the NYC airport.

Room Tip: Ask for a quite room not on the road
  • Stayed January 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank myworldexperiences
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford, responded to this review, February 15, 2014
Dear travelingtocaribean,

Thank you for writing a review about your recent stay with us. We certainly do our utmost to make your stay comfortable and pleasant, so we are very pleased to note that you were satisfied with the staff services, quality of rooms, breakfast option and location of the hotel. It encourages our team members to work even harder and consistently delight our guests. I am sorry that you found the scent from air fresheners overpowering. Please accept our sincere apologies for any inconvenience and discomfort it may have caused you. The feedback we receive from our valued guests, like you, enables us to target problem areas and will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Lera P