Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford
  • Restaurant
Average 3/5
Good 3.5/5
  • Pool
All reviewspancake machinecinnamon rollsparking garagefront deskcrowne plazafridge and microwavespacious roomthe breakfast areawithin walking distanceincluded breakfastnight's sleeptrain stationcheck in was a breezenice propertywould stay againper dayfree shuttle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 27, 2013

The hotel is clean and the staff are very pleasant. The breakfast was really good with many different choices and they have a larger gym than you usually find in hotels.

They offer valet parking (which is great since it is a hike (through another hotel) to get to the lobby of the Holiday Inn. The only downside is the pay to park since hotels in that area tend to be a bit more expensive. It would be perfect if they offered free parking while you are a guest!

There are a few places to eat within walking distance but if you need to drive it is very convenient to just get your car out of the garage!

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 13, 2013

The rooms are okay , but unless you are on the backside prepare for noise from street below. Front desk does not care and will not answer phone. Long walk from parking for $10 per day or $12 for valet...Go somewhere else...

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank iammorgansdad
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded February 26, 2013

Dear iammorgansdad,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write your comments. I understand that having a good night sleep is important and it sounds like we fell below your expectations. I am sorry for any inconvenience you experienced due to the outside noise. While we understand that your stay was not 100% satisfactory, we would hope that you would give us another chance to make your stay as best as it can be.

Ferdinand G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 24, 2013

We frequent this hotel during weekend get-away from kids... charming room, nice, clean and quiet...within the city of Stamford yet not far from home.....the room is complete with toiletries and extra towels, hair dryer, flat screen TV, iron, etc....sometimes we get the room overlooking the street, sometimes its on the other side of the street which I prefer devoid of street movement....

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Great hotel a liitle to expansive for what you get
The inclusive breakfast was fare not good at all and were no sugar free items available
The rooms are great ,clean but on the fourth floor was very noise motor going on

Room Tip: Dont reserve a lower floor was too noise
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford, responded to this reviewResponded February 10, 2013

Dear Silvio G,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments. It is pleasing to know that you found our room accommodations to be convenient for your needs. I am sorry that you found your stay to be less than satisfactory due to the noise levels experienced and breakfast not fully living up to expectations. We take all reviews positive or negative very seriously and your feedback will help us improve for our next guest or your next visit.

Pam G.
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I knew I was going to be staying in Stamford so I checked the cost of many of the hotels. Although a little pricey, this HDI was competitive to the other hotel chains. I was impressed upon my checking in that the staff recognized my platinum club status and bumped me to a suite at no charge. The hotel and my room were very clean and laid out well. I was surprised at the $10 per night parking charge which I think should be part of the nightly stay (ridiculous). You don't have a choice to pay that fee as there is no other parking except in their parking garage. The suite had a microwave, sink and refrigerator. The free breakfast is okay. (Hey it's free) If I had to stay in Stamford again, I would definitely stay here again. Unfortunately because of the cost, I will probably work out my route to stay in another city that is not so pricey.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business