With relatives in Stamford, we have 15+ years experience staying at various area hotels (Stamford Sheraton - now Stamford Plaza Hotel, Stamford Westin - now Hilton, the Hampton Inn, and Greenwich Hyatt) and can provide extensive comparison among these properties. This is our 1st stay at the HIE and were very impressed and definitely plan to be back.
For its large suite, price, convenience, cleanliness & good staff, & complimentary amenities, this HIE is now our FIRST choice in Stamford!
I will summarize the many pros & a few cons:
1. Loc is best for us, compared to all the other hotels. We used to stay at the Sheraton (now Stamford Plaza & connected to HIE) but it's still undergoing reno to become a Crowne Plaza.
That property is tired looking, and not sure how long is the reno time frame as it's been going on for several years!
2. HIE's 1-BR suite is extremely spacious, pretty new, clean, with good contemporary furnishing and a spacious & well stocked kitchen area.
On the 3rd floor facing the 1-way street, there was traffic noise and could use better
3. Bathroom: large separate vanity area with plenty of counter space, & plenty of towels.
The bathroom itself was very small & space was tight.
Very small lotion bottles were hard to use.
4. Free Wi-Fi was fast & reliable.
5. Complimentary breakfast buffet was plentiful & had good variety. Helpful staff was prompt in re-stocking of items and cleanup.
Though she started to pack away food trays at 9:30am, when bkft hour is supposed to last to 10AM.
I know some reviewers did not like the all-disposable tableware, this could be improved upon.
6. All staff were courteous & helpful.
7. Complimentary shuttle to Stamford train station was great, the driver came in < 15 minutes & was also courteous.
8. Lobby coolers with complimentary bottled water & treats were a huge plus & please continue!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Experience Stamfords Exquisite Hotel with a Convenient Downtown location - the Brand New Holiday Inn Express and Suites Stamford Conveniently located between Connecticuts Major Roadways, the Holiday Inn Express and suites offers 82 well appointed guest rooms and 16 spacious suites, featuring oversized comfortable bedding, deluxe furniture and 32 inch flat screen television offering cable with premium channels.Our hotel is comfortably located between I-95 and Merritt Parkway, just 40 minutes away from New York City, with easy access to several corporations, rail services (Metro North and Amtrak), and major airports making us a perfect location for business and leisure travel.Start your morning with our free Express Start hot breakfast or take it to go. Dont forget to take advantage of our 24 hour business center, or log onto to our free high-speed wireless Internet from anywhere in the hotel.Stay Smart with the Holiday Inn Express & Suites Stamford. Experience superior service and meticulous attention to detail, paired with plush accommodations and amenities. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, Travelocity, Priceline and Odigeo so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Stamford reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.