“A good option in Stamford”

ZaZa Italian Gastrobar
Ranked #42 of 473 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 6, 2014

On my own in Stamford for business - looking for a decent place to eat - and I found it. Decent food and good atmosphere. I sat at the bar where service was good - tried a small plate for a starter of roasted truffle Brussels sprouts, with pancetta and almonds - good! Then the linguine with clams in a garlic white wine sauce - very good!
I'll be back!

Reviewed February 28, 2014

I visited ZAZA for the restaurant week special menu. I have seen this place a few times on our nights out in Stamford. I had the day special soup (corn), Mussels, and the Steak. All of the items were very good. The steak especially stood out as especially delightful.

Had a Rogue dead guy beer and my SO had some Chianti.

Would definitely come here again for a special night out. We did not have to wait, but the place was completely full after we arrived. Seemed everyone was enjoying themselves as well.

Reviewed February 23, 2014

My wife and I stopped by for dinner last night prior to attending a show in downtown Stamford. We arrived around 6pm and noticed that the restaurant was quite crowded. However, we were seated immediately at a very nice table next to the window. We were amazed at how quickly the place filled up at such an early hour. Our server Andres was quite attentive and when we told him we were in no rush, he was fine and occasionally checked on us.

It was restaurant week in Stamford and although we did not choose the fixed price options they were quite willing to allow us to order a starter from that menu. The wine list, by the glass, was quite reasonable and the wine was excellent. Our meals, chicken parm and veal parm, were outstanding! Only negative comment was the time between appetitzed and entrée was a bit long and they did not offer whole wheat pasta.

The bar was quite attractive and many guests were having dinner at the bar.

This is quite an improvement over the previous establishment that was in this space. We will be back for sure. But, since there are noreservations, will need to make it an early dinner

Reviewed February 23, 2014 via mobile

We went last night with friends at 7ish and was already packed (zazas doesn't take reservations) was told. 40 min wait; the bar was packed. Timing turned to our advantage as a high top opened. Casablanca plays on the wall! All part of the wonderful ambiance. We ordered drinks procruitto arugalla pizza (yum yum!) Brought to table we ordered the mozzarella plater wow! And another Yum. Mains excellent 2 eggplant Parms, saltimbuca and veal shank. All not to disappoint. Service excellent. Would recommend getting there early small restaurant with big flavor. A must do.

Reviewed December 9, 2013

The service sucked. The hostess was rude. The server was slow. The water glasses were dirty and the food was slow. I wouldnt go back. Save your money and go somewhere with better service.