Hotel Zero Degrees
  • Restaurant
$198
$181
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingstarbucks coffeedowntown stamfordtrain stationgreat boutiquehash brownsfree breakfastbars and restaurantsyogurthot breakfastunderground garageking roomgreat ratefront desk staffroom keyupon checkinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 2, 2010

I stayed in the hotel for 2 weeks in early october the rooms were clean and comfortable now the bad the layout of the halways for the guest roooms was a bit strange and the decore was very modern if you like that. the TECHNO POP music that was constantly played in the lobby and common areas was too much techno pop all the time was not relaxing i felt like i was at a rave or something.. the pool ...... the pool area was some sort of agreement with the YMCA you had to go into the YMCA and sign in and then you were not at the hotel you were in a well used crowded YMCA with a ton of young kids ther place smelled heavily of clorine and sweaty children . there were several very nice resturants very close by and withinn an easy stroll to a mall and the train station

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled on business
2  Thank sonofa61
Reviewed October 19, 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at this hotel overall. The staff is very friendly, great service, and good value for the money. I stayed at this place for two nights (not consecutive, but on the same trip). I got a really great room the first night. I just adore the interiors of the room. It had a feel of luxury to it.
The room I got on my second night was smaller, yet comfortable. The only thing I did not appreciate about the second room was the lighting (I like dim, soft white lights, and not the harsh ones)...

My only complain would be the wi-fi connection... it came and went all the time I was trying to use the internet on my personal computer. Goof thing though, the hotel has two computers (with excellent internet connection) in the lobby, available for use by their guests. I was able to turn to the lobby computers.

Regardless, I appreciate this hotel, amenities, and service very much. And, I would certainly not mind returning to this hotel on my next visit. Thanks for breakfast, Zero Degrees - I enjoyed it very much!

Until next time! =)

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 9, 2010

Had an overnight stay at Hotel Zero Degrees and I was pleasantly surprised. This is not another chain hotel.
Staff was professional and very helpful.
Room was clean and nicely appointed. Always a plus when bath robes are present!
Another plus- free garage parking. I could not locate another hotel in Stamford that offered this (most charge $10-$20.)
Others comment about water pressure in the shower- I don't know what they are talking about. Shower had plenty of pressure and showerhead provided additional control.
Hotel is right around the corner from main street and a ton of bars and places to eat- all within a short walking distance.
All in all, I had a great experience and would choose Zero again if in Stamford, you should do the same.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 29, 2010

I stayed at the hotel for 3 nights at the end of September 2010. I picked the hotel based on the reviews that I read in this site so I want to return to favor by being as accurate as possible.

The hotel is in a great location for those not familiar with the city. It is right next to the Main Street and close to all the restaurants. The neighborhood, though, seemed bit seedy about a block away but that may be just me .. I am from Laguna Beach, California and, maybe, not used to the Eastern city downtown look.

Hotel is clean and rooms and very comfortable. Free WiFi thoughout the hotel and the hotel provides two computers and a printer in the main lobby area. The daily breakfast which is free is excellent instead of the usual continental breakfast this is a full breakfast. My last day there I had choices of two egg dishes ( scrambled and egg white .. which is a nice touch) ..sausages, bacon, usual breads and pastries and cererals. There is coffee and tea available all day long. There is are no eating outlets in the hotel but, as I stated, the restaurants are only 150 yards away.

There is free parking in the basement of the building where you have access directly to the elevator.

I guess, for me, I can think of only two negatives .. the hotel has only one elevator which is shared with the hotel staff .. so around 9:00 - 11:00 the elevator is busy and you have to wait. Ther other is that the water pressure on the shower (may have been a conservation measure) is so weak that taking a shower is a task. And, I do not care for those plastic cups.

Good hotel for the money!

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed September 18, 2010

We only got to stay here one night when traveling through CT, but found ourselves wishing we had more reasons to do things in Stamford so we could stay longer (or wishing we could bring the hotel with us to other places we needed to travel). Beautiful decor, comfortable bed, attentive and friendly staff, free internet, yummy complimentary breakfast, free parking, good price.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family