Hotel Zero Degrees
  • Restaurant
Stamford Suites(Stamford)
Amsterdam Hotel(Stamford)
  • Pool
All reviewsfree parkingstarbucks coffeedowntown stamfordtrain stationgreat boutiquehash brownsfree breakfastbars and restaurantsyogurthot breakfastunderground garageking roomgreat ratefront desk staffroom keyupon checkinto nyc
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 26, 2014 via mobile

The hotel staff was very friendly and accommodating! The room was big and had nice view of Stamford. Great location to many nice restaurants & bars. Close to mall too. Breakfast was great. Many choices of array of foods and great seating area. Very clean and very nicely decorated. Would go back again.

Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
Jordan S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear ABM76,

Thank you for taking time to post this wonderful review, I am happy to know you had a pleasant overnight stay. I will be sure to share this positive feedback with the staff, our chic urban design throughout the hotel makes for a very welcoming atmosphere. We look forward to your next visit, safe travels.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

We live in NH, and we reserved this hotel for a Friday and a Saturday night while touring New York city. We read the TripAdvisor reviews, especially the negative ones, before heading out. We were prepared for situations like full parking lot, rooms near elevator etc. and our expectations set properly. We called ahead about the nearby parking garage, the staff gave us code for the connecting doors even before we started driving in case we needed it. The parking lot -- yes it is small -- but was not full when we arrived at 11 pm Friday night. Room was definitely on the smaller side but we have nothing to complain about that. If the roads were noisy, then there could have been some issues but we didn't have any (and yes, we did ask for and got a room away from the elevator). Some people complained about the elevator but we didn't have to wait for all the times we had to use it (we used it quite a few times and at different hours). Some people complained about breakfast food not being replenished. This is also not true per our experience. The staff was courteous. We got dropped off and picked up from Stamford train station during our NYC trip. We would be back.

Room Tip: Plan ahead and call for options if parking lot is full. If available, take a room away from elevator.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank CMnNortheastUSA
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this reviewResponded July 25, 2014

Dear MnNortheastUSA,

Thank you for this great review and for choosing to stay with us during your travels from New Hampshire. It is always helpful when guests are prepared and know what to expect before arriving. I am glad our staff was courteous and able to provide you with alternative parking instructions in the case our garage was full. We hope to welcome you back again the next time you visit NYC.

Kevin Gross

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Zero in Stamford is a great little hotel very near all the great restaurants. Stayed there with my team for a business meeting and it worked out well. Lobby was very hip, big screens and god seating. Parking included, if a little tight. Free Breakfast could be skipped

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled on business
Jordan S, Front Office Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear sgmharvard1,

Thank you for taking a moment to write this great review, I am happy to hear you and your team had a successful business meeting. Our Fahrenheit Lounge is a perfect place for a group to gather before heading out to Downtown Stamford for the night. We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 21, 2014

We had been here once before a couple years ago so we decided to stay over when we went to see Barenaked Ladies at Alive at 5 in Stamford. The hotel is right next to all the bars and where the stage for all the shows is set up, we could almost see it from our room. I must have missed breakfast last time I was there because I didn't remember it being SO DELICIOUS! I have already booked a room for the Beach Boys, can't wait!

Room Tip: We were on a high floor but could still hear music.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple

Dear Jessica B,

Thank you for taking time to post such a wonderful review, I am glad to hear how much you enjoyed our cities Alive at 5 concert series that takes place every summer. We do have a full complimentary breakfast each morning located in the back of our Fahrenheit Lounge Lobby. We look forward to your next visit in just a couple of weeks. Safe travels!

Reviewed July 17, 2014

To be fair the hotel is very nice and accommodating, The decor is very modern- but that's where the positives end for this hotel. Although it is a boutique hotel it is not a full service hotel. I pulled up to the hotel after driving from NYC on business, as I did it started pouring- there is no valet available. The parking deck is tiny, and does not offer enough spaces; it was very difficult parking a full sized vehicle. There is one elevator that services all 8 floors AND the parking deck. I waited about 10 mins in the hot, stagnant parking deck for the elevator. There was no on there to help with bags. All I wanted was room service and a glass of wine. When I checked in I mentioned this to the front desk agent- who proceeded to tell me there was no restaurant on site or alcohol since they are in the same building as a YMCA. BUT he did hand me several delivery menus. I waited several minutes for the elevator, and was disappointed with a small, dark room directly in front of the elevator which is a hug pet peeve of mine. Once I'm in the room there seems to be a full-fledged concert going on below me, and I can hear it as clear as day. I call for a new room. Wait for the elevator. The front desk associate is ready with a key when I finally get to the lobby. I wait again for the elevator, schlepping my luggage along. This time the room was away from the elevator but I could still hear the concert clearly. The concert ended at 10 pm. The complimentary breakfast was very good the next morning and the YMCA, internet, and parking ( if you can find a spot) is all complimentary. I was very surprised at the price because I had just been in NYC and paid less for a room in Times Square at a full service national hotel chain, than at Hotel Zero Degrees. If you are used to business travel I cannot recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel. I had 2 rooms and both were VERY noisy!
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Kevin_Gross, General Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2014

Dear PSUqueen,

Thank you for taking the time to share some feedback from your recent visit. I am truly sorry to hear your stay turned out to be such a disappointment. Despite not having a restaurant or bar on sight, we do offer a great list of amenities, such as our complimentary breakfast, parking and internet, as well as access to the YMCA , and a shuttle anywhere in Stamford from 7:00 AM until approximately 11:00 PM.

I do apologize if our bellmen was unavailable to assist you when you arrived, as he may have been assisting another guest or in the shuttle. I am however glad the front desk was able to assist you in switching your room, but apologize that it did little to drowned out the noise from the concert. Our location in the heart of downtown, and in close proximity to the bars and restaurants can be a recipe for a noisy atmosphere from time to time, especially during the summer concert series at Columbus Park.

Just last year we did open a brand new location in Norwalk, about ten minutes north. It is a beautiful hotel and it does have a restaurant and bar on sight, as well as plenty of parking. Although we would love welcome you back to Stamford again, perhaps that location may be worth a try on your next visit, I think you will be quite pleased.

Please feel free to reach out to me directly should you wish to discuss your stay any further.

Kevin Gross