WINNER WONDERLAND

Hotel Zero Degrees
Ranked #2 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
“Very Convenient!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 7, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here because we wanted to dash in/out of the city (NYC). Really good location to the theaters, good restaurants and a nice mall.
Quick tip, leave your car in their lot and walk everywhere! Parking we found is limited in their garage.

• Stayed January 2013
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Illtakebreadandwater,

I appreciate you writing this review about us. We are definitely the right hotel for a quick dash into the city. We are within walking distance of the Metro North Train station and all the entertainment Downtown Stamford has to offer. In addition our shuttle is always happy to take guests anywhere within Downtown Stamford. There is complimentary parking in our garage on a first come first served basis and there is also secured covered parking at the adjacent Bell St Garage. It was a pleasure having you with us and should your travels require a quick dash to NYC we hope to see you again.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (125)
Stamford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 4, 2013

I live in stamford and was without power after the hurricaine. When I travel I usually stay at Brand named hotels such as Hilton and Ritz Carlton. I was pleasantly surprised by this small boutique hotel. The decor was similar to what one would find in a Manhattan Boutique hotel. It met all of my needs and would stay there again or recommend it to anyone traveling in the area. I have read the reviews about the area being questionable. It is located at the edge of restaurant row and the area is relatively safe.

Room Tip: The cheapest rooms are also the smallest. I would suggest spending a little more and getting a large...
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank vfinct
Dear Vfinct,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review about us. I am thrilled to know we were able to meet your expectations and more importantly that we were able to make you feel at home after the hurricane. We certainly hope to welcome you once more in the near future- under much more pleasant circumstances of course! All the best.

Regards,
Madrid, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

Good standard hotel for the price. Breakfast is Iffy but its included in the price so can't complain. Rooms are nice and staff are very friendly. This place won't blow your socks off but it's excellent quality for the price.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear Whiteboytrash,

Thank you for taking the time to write this review. We do strive to be the best value for our guests and while we did not exceed your expectations we are happy to have at least met them. I am pleased to know that you liked our rooms and that our staff was friendly. While breakfast is complimentary we always want to ensure it is consistently great and I welcome recommendations for improvement-should you have some time feel free to contact me at 203-363-7900 to discuss. Thank you for staying with us and all the best in the New Year.

New York, New York, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 27, 2012

I wanted to get away from the city on my birthday but not too far from home. Me and my boyfriend decided to stay at Hotel Zero Degrees in Stamford for the weekend. My stay was awesome to say the least. The front desk agent was extremely warm and welcoming and helped us with choosing a wonderful restaurant for dinner with discounts because we were staying at the hotel. Every staff we came in contact with was warm, friendly and helpful. The room was clean and the atmosphere was perfectly cozy and intimate, exactly what I was looking for! I would recommend Hotel Zero Degrees to everyone. My boyfriend and I have made it our regular getaway spot!

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Shereen W,

Thank you for posting such an excellent review. We are happy to have made your birthday getaway an enjoyable and relaxing one. We have partnered exclusively with various restaurants downtown to offer special for our guests ranging from a free drink with dinner, to discounts and complimentary appetizers all in an effort to provide the best value and experience. I am glad to know the staff was accommodating and helpful and we certainly hope to you for many birthday getaways to come. All the best for the New Year.

Belgrade, Maine
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 24, 2012

The people are very nice. The rooms are clean. Everyone is so nice! But the Breakfast is out of this world: Bagels, Eggs, danish, donuts, muffins, hash browns, yogurt, fresh fruit all you could imagine. Breakfast is from 6 - 10 AM which is more than usual! 24 hour coffee! Its right in the middle of the city so there are lots of other places to eat.

Room Tip: Attached to a YMCA and you have all the ability to participate included with your room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled with friends
Dear MajorJoy

I appreciate you taking the time to write this great review. I see you are a huge fan of our breakfast and rightly so! Our guests are welcomed to enjoy as much of it as they like during their stay. We are centrally located in the downtown Stamford putting you steps away from restaurants, bars and the mall. We look forward to welcoming you once more. Safe travels and all the best for the New Year.

Ewa Beach, Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 23, 2012

I go out of my way to stay here. This is a great hotel, very clean, nice rooms, and a great front-desk staff. The beds are very very good, and spotlessly clean. The bathroom "freebies" are real nice... more than anywhere I have stayed.
There is a wonderful little diner only 1/2 block away, and many night spots, if you're into that kind of thing. It's easy to get to from the Freeway, and easy to get around.
I like everything here.

Room Tip: Go to the diner on the corner. It's the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nicedad1
Dear NiceDad1,

Thank you for the great review! My team and I are always striving to assure we meet and exceed guests’ expectations and it seems we did just that. It was a pleasure having you with us. Should your travels bring you back to the Stamford area we look forward to welcoming you once more for an equally enjoyable experience.

Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed in every hotel this area offers due to travel requirements for work and hotel zero degrees is definitely my new favorite place to stay.

Their location is unbeatable, its centrally located so you're able to walk anywhere downtown for your pick or bars and/or restaurants. They even offer a free shuttle service to and from dinner reservations that I used and found convenient since I am unfamiliar with the area.

The parking can be a little iffy as it fills up quickly, but it was free and I was able to find a spot (the staff will help out if it is full).

Breakfast was a nice surprise, I was expecting the usual 'continental' selection of muffins and bagels but they actually had a spread of eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit which was all included.

The staff is young and very knowledgeable of their surroundings, so they always have great recommendations for food, drinks, things to do, etc.

Love the up-to-date rooms, specifically the bedding as that always creeps me out about hotels. I found everything to be very clean, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. You may need to ask for extra pillows though.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, since they are so centrally located it is quieter higher up.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucy M
Dear LucyM,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about the hotel. I am thrilled to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is ideal as it puts you in the heart of Stamford Downtown and our shuttle is available daily for our guests’ convenience. We pride ourselves on serving a warm, fresh healthy breakfast buffet- after all it is the most important meal of the day. Thank you for selecting us as your favorite place to stay in Stamford- the pleasure is all ours. We hope see you again in the near future. Safe travels.

Property Manager
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Stamford Marriott Hotel & Spa
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
4.0 of 5 bubbles 1,144 reviews

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!