“You can spend more, but you won't get more than this...” 5 of 5 stars
Review of Hotel Zero Degrees

Hotel Zero Degrees
Ranked #8 of 14 Hotels in Stamford
Ewa Beach, Hawaii
“You can spend more, but you won't get more than this...”
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 23, 2012

I go out of my way to stay here. This is a great hotel, very clean, nice rooms, and a great front-desk staff. The beds are very very good, and spotlessly clean. The bathroom "freebies" are real nice... more than anywhere I have stayed.
There is a wonderful little diner only 1/2 block away, and many night spots, if you're into that kind of thing. It's easy to get to from the Freeway, and easy to get around.
I like everything here.

Room Tip: Go to the diner on the corner. It's the best.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank nicedad1
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, January 4, 2013
Dear NiceDad1,

Thank you for the great review! My team and I are always striving to assure we meet and exceed guests’ expectations and it seems we did just that. It was a pleasure having you with us. Should your travels bring you back to the Stamford area we look forward to welcoming you once more for an equally enjoyable experience.

Property Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (121)
Meriden, Connecticut
5 of 5 stars Reviewed December 21, 2012

I have stayed in every hotel this area offers due to travel requirements for work and hotel zero degrees is definitely my new favorite place to stay.

Their location is unbeatable, its centrally located so you're able to walk anywhere downtown for your pick or bars and/or restaurants. They even offer a free shuttle service to and from dinner reservations that I used and found convenient since I am unfamiliar with the area.

The parking can be a little iffy as it fills up quickly, but it was free and I was able to find a spot (the staff will help out if it is full).

Breakfast was a nice surprise, I was expecting the usual 'continental' selection of muffins and bagels but they actually had a spread of eggs, bacon, sausage and fruit which was all included.

The staff is young and very knowledgeable of their surroundings, so they always have great recommendations for food, drinks, things to do, etc.

Love the up-to-date rooms, specifically the bedding as that always creeps me out about hotels. I found everything to be very clean, and the bed was surprisingly comfortable. You may need to ask for extra pillows though.

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor, since they are so centrally located it is quieter higher up.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank Lucy M
Dear LucyM,

I appreciate you posting this wonderful review about the hotel. I am thrilled to know you thoroughly enjoyed your stay with us. Our location is ideal as it puts you in the heart of Stamford Downtown and our shuttle is available daily for our guests’ convenience. We pride ourselves on serving a warm, fresh healthy breakfast buffet- after all it is the most important meal of the day. Thank you for selecting us as your favorite place to stay in Stamford- the pleasure is all ours. We hope see you again in the near future. Safe travels.

Fort Lauderdale, Florida, United States
2 of 5 stars Reviewed December 12, 2012

I was only promoting good comments about this wonderful hotel until I ran into the night front desk employee from 12th Dec till 13th Dec 2012 who basically made my guests(who were just looking for a taxi) and myself feel like he was doing us a huge favor by pausing his personal cell phone conversation to helping us and acting very rude. It seems some employees still have much to learn about customer service... Apart from that specific employee, the hotel has been a marvelous experience. I hope certain people do not bring the whole positive picture down for this establishment, as it is truly a gem within the Stamford hotel groups and I would recommend it to anyone wanting to stay in the area.

Room Tip: Wonderful Hotel, but do not let yourself be surprised by a 'black sheep' in the service team...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled on business
    • 2 of 5 stars
4 Thank Mark K
London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 9, 2012

First time used the Hotel Zero Degrees we noticed this hotel last time we stayed in Stamford for Christmas shopping trip to NYC in Dec 2011.

Check in was good, room clean, staff friendly and responsive when asked questions, free parking and a general safe feeling while staying at the hotel (key operated lift). Had two stays one of three days and another of two days the week after.

A real value for money hotel and close to the train station. Internet service was very good and easy to set up had my iPhone, iPad, iTouch and laptop all connected running fast internet.

Also has a great free breakfast in the morning more than your normal 'free' type of breakfasts with hot and cold food.

Thanks hotel Zero Degrees for a great stay

Room Tip: Go for a front or side street room.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
New York City, New York
1 of 5 stars Reviewed December 8, 2012

I guess this hotel is fairly new, because I had never seen the website before. It offered excellent room prices and attractive photos. Lots of steps from the entrance to the front desk, so it took some time getting there. I learned their best rate for the night was $89, so I told them I was travelling with a service dog and another one in training and they emphatically said no, repeating "we are not pet friendly" each time I said service dog not pet. Too bad, because it is adjacent to Tiernan's, a nice spot for a beer and burger, and very friendly to service dogs.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
    • 1 of 5 stars
2 Thank luciNY
Dear LuciNY,

Thank you for posting this review. I wish you had a chance to truly experience all Hotel Zero Degrees has to offer. Unfortunately we are not a pet friendly hotel however we do make an exception for service dogs –provided the appropriate paperwork is shown at the time of check in. I apologize if that was not properly communicated to you. With regards to our entrance we only have 6 short steps ( a limit of the original building’s design) and our front desk is located a few steps ahead.Hopefully you give us the opportunity to welcome you once more in the future.

Stamford, Connecticut
4 of 5 stars Reviewed December 2, 2012

My latest stay at the Hotel Zero Degrees was a very pleasant and satisfying event. The room was temperature-controlled perfectly. Cozy yet still enough space for a single traveller to rest up on a weekend trip. Even though I live in the same town as this hotel, I can honestly say that it is the only hotel chain I have been to that makes me feel like a real getaway. Quiet, complimentary breakfast and internet access in room AND in the lobby with a terminal and printer station. Polite staff and necessities. Only two things stood out as things that cannot be helped but were drawbacks. 1.) An ice machine may be noisy at night but they are not on every floor. They did not have one on my floor. 2.) The hotel used to be a YMCA (Which it still has on the side of the building for pool/execise) so you do still get that some of the things this place has not been able to update as of yet (Some carpeting, One small elevator, No room for full amenities like Refridgerator and microwave) but other than those minor hinderances, this hotel is still the best hotel I have ever stayed at under $150 per night in the entire state.

Room Tip: Find ice machine locations as soon as you check in and try to schedule time for shuttle so you can r...
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank John F
Dear John F,

Thank you for taking a moment to share your recent stay with us. It is good to know that you enjoyed your stay with us. With regards to refrigerators and microwaves you are right we do not have them in all our rooms however, we are happy to provide them upon request. We are currently selecting colors and patterns for our new carpeting which should be installed in the upcoming weeks. As a local Stamford resident I appreciate you choosing us and hope to see you again.

Concord, Massachusetts
5 of 5 stars Reviewed November 25, 2012

My only regret about our two night stay at the Hotel Zero Degrees during Thanksgiving, was that we had so little time to spend enjoying the hotel! When we arrived, we were given a very nice room. However, I had asked for a room away from an ice machine when I booked through Tingo, and our room was directly across from the ice machine! I had also asked for a refrigerator, which was in my room. When I went downstairs to mention the proximity to the ice machine, a lovely woman named Anastasia offered to move me to another room as well as to move my refrigerator. She then proceeded to get a cart, and BY HERSELF lifted the refrigerator onto the cart, and moved all my stuff to an even better room on the top floor, in a very quiet area. I was impressed! The room we stayed in was immaculate, and the bed was unbelievably comfortable. Starbucks coffee, breakfast, everyone pleasant, small parking garage but we managed. We will definitely be staying here every Thanksgiving when we visit relatives.

Room Tip: The 8th floor was very quiet.
  • Stayed November 2012, traveled with family
    • 5 of 5 stars
Timothy_Simpson, Manager at Hotel Zero Degrees, responded to this review, December 21, 2012
Dear DeborahConley

I appreciate you posting such a great review about us. I am sure you will be able to enjoy us that much more over the Thanksgivings to come! Anastasia is a new team member reinforcing our mantra of going above and beyond for our guests. More importantly thank you for bring this to our attention and allowing us an opportunity to correct it. It was our pleasure making your stay more comfortable and we certainly look forward to seeing you next Thanksgiving. Keep well.

Tim Simpson
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stamford
Hotel Zero Degrees Norwalk
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
Hyatt Regency Greenwich
#1 of 1 in Old Greenwich
4.0 of 5 stars 983 reviews

Been to Hotel Zero Degrees? Share your experiences!