“Good Happy Hour, Bad Service” 3 of 5 bubbles

Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Seating
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Cross street: Between Broad and Spring Street
Erin_leigh79
“Good Happy Hour, Bad Service”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 5, 2012

We have gone a few times from us and a few frineds winning the free Happy Hours. The first few times a few months ago it was great because the bar tenders were happy to get us whatever drinks we wanted (within reason). The past few happy hours though they only let us get house wine, crappy beer, and bottom-shelf liquor. I was getting cosmos with Stoli the first few times, but the last time I was there the bartender said he would only do vodka-cranberry. Really, you cannot shake me up a cosmo to sip? Okay, so that makes no sense. And this same bartender made me walk across the bar to the table I was at to get my empty glass, to bring it back to him, before he would get me another drink. I was in no way drunk, or trying to get a bunch of free drinks before the not-so-happy hour was up. It was like he was humiliating me into drinking less. I had 2 drinks that whole hour. Yeah. Hardly a lot to ask. The last time we were there I just skipped drinking altogether because I was avoiding a headache the next day from the toilet-water vodka they use in these free happy hour drinks. I did try some of the calimari which was some of the best I've had. Very good! The service aside from the tacky bartenders is good. Although, I do have to say, the female bartenders seem to be a little more relaxed on the happy hour drink accomodations and even let my BF get whatever beer he wanted instead of limiting to the Heineken or whatever lame beers they were limiting him to. Bottom line: I don't invite people to my house and serve cheap liquor/drinks, so don't invite us and only serve your worst. At least give some mid-shelf options if you cannot serve top-shelf. Otherwise, I'll pay for drinks I could be paying for anyway, but I'll likely just do it somewhere else!

Visited February 2012