“Probably the best restaurant in Stamford!”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 466 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When seeking an exceptional dining experience, Stamfordites need look no further than their own backyard. At The Capital Grille in Stamford Town Center, dry aged steaks and 20 year-old Scotch fortify Fortune 500 power brokers and power shoppers alike, while refreshing cocktails and irresistible appetizers delight patrons of the Palace Theatre and Rich Forum. Clearly, distinctive dining is not reserved for that larger city down the road. As a charming young lady once said, there's no place like home.
Connecticut
“Probably the best restaurant in Stamford!”
Reviewed October 24, 2009

When I decided to take my best college friend out to dinner for her 30th birthday, my husband proposed his favorite restaurant, The Capital Grille. It is an expensive restaurant, but you get what you pay for and we had a lovely time an an outsanding, memorable dinner.

I made the reservation online, which was very easy to do, and received a confirmation right away. At the last minute, I had to move the reservation back 90 minutes and the staff kindly accomodated my request. We did have to wait a bit for a table to open up, but we enjoyed a nice glass of wine in the bar while we waited.

We were shown to a lovely corner table strewn with birthday confetti and with a birthday card signed by the staff waiting for my friend. We had a delicious dinner as follows: we started with salads which were perfect, followed by steaks all around and truffle-oil french fries and lobster macaroni and cheese. The chef sent flourless chocolate cake to the table for a birthday dessert - it was amazing!

A waiter kindly took our picture at our request, then returned with a restaurant camera so that he could take one more! He returned 10 minutes later with a framed photograph for my friend. We were very impressed.

Finally, the ambiance is great. There are hunting trophies on the wood-panelled walls and, beautful golden lighting around the booths and a great big bronze eagle in front of the kitchen.

The service was impeccable with one exception: when we arrived, a host reviewing the reservation list raised an eyebrow and I thought this was a needless display.

A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook
“Great food and impeccable service”
Reviewed October 1, 2009

Great food and impeccable service

Thank A TripAdvisor reviewer on Facebook