“Excellent all the way around !”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 476 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Special occasions, Large groups, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When seeking an exceptional dining experience, Stamfordites need look no further than their own backyard. At The Capital Grille in Stamford Town Center, dry aged steaks and 20 year-old Scotch fortify Fortune 500 power brokers and power shoppers alike, while refreshing cocktails and irresistible appetizers delight patrons of the Palace Theatre and Rich Forum. Clearly, distinctive dining is not reserved for that larger city down the road. As a charming young lady once said, there's no place like home.
Reviewed November 10, 2013

Excellent food, staff and atmosphere! Never "Wanted" for any thing, can't top that! The staff was so nice and accommodating! Wish I had this restaurant in my area here on business, felt so at home! Loved it!

Reviewed November 4, 2013

My husband and I ate here on a Saturday evening. We had reservations and the restaurant got crowded as our meal progressed. So I would definitely make reservations if you are visiting on the weekend.

Since we have been to other Capital Grilles, we knew what we should expect from this particular restaurant and we were not disappointed. Our waitress Laura was very helpful and attentive without hovering.

For our appetizers, we ordered the tomato, mozzarella and basil salad with aged balsamic that was excellent, a good balsamic really makes the salad. The Caesar salad was fresh and crispy, I asked for dressing on the side and was accommodated.

The food was done exactly to our liking, my husband's filet mignon was medium rare and my sesame crusted tuna was also prepared as requested. The tuna was served with ginger rice, and ginger, wasabi and soy sauces which complimented the tuna very nicely. The main portions are very generous and the side dishes are large enough to share.

The wine list is extensive with bottles and 'by the glass' offerings.

With cappuccino and the fresh berries and cream (which we shared) for dessert, it was perfect from start to finish.

Reading the other reviews it reminded us that this us a bit pricey but for a nice dinner, it is well worth the price.

Reviewed November 4, 2013

Lovely environment, and we had a really good seafood platter ($$50, but really delicious). Great service. I was salivating at the thoughts of a really great steak!

A $50 steak should be, well, a $50 steak that puts you into meat extacy. I was served a $15 cut of New York Strip with lots of gristle, and charged $45 for it. My business associate was served a $15 t-bone and charged $45 for it. We ordered asparagus, and it was tasteless, undercooked and woody.

WAY not worth what they are trying to charge for meat, in my opinion. Very disappointing.

Reviewed November 1, 2013 via mobile

Stopped her for a family lunch. Impressed with the quality of the food - sirloin steak in the burgers. Atmosphere is a bit stuffy but the restaurant was good with children.

Reviewed October 22, 2013

Great food, great ambiance, great service and outstanding food. If you need a proper dinner eat here.