“As expected, nice place - good food”
Review of Capital Grille

Capital Grille
Reserve with OpenTable
Capital Grille is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3 of 466 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic, Large groups
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Description: When seeking an exceptional dining experience, Stamfordites need look no further than their own backyard. At The Capital Grille in Stamford Town Center, dry aged steaks and 20 year-old Scotch fortify Fortune 500 power brokers and power shoppers alike, while refreshing cocktails and irresistible appetizers delight patrons of the Palace Theatre and Rich Forum. Clearly, distinctive dining is not reserved for that larger city down the road. As a charming young lady once said, there's no place like home.
new england
“As expected, nice place - good food”
Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Just enjoyed perfectly prepared scallops on a bed of rice, corn and fresh herbs sprinkled with some cilantro - it was delicious! Nice place, excellent server: Jeremy, classy and attentive. I'd visit again if I'm in town.

Plainview, New York
“Don't bother - I agree with a similar November review”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

We went as a couple on a Sunday night. The waiter seemed robotic with no personality which I can deal with if the food is o.k. Ordered the Delmonico steak medium and chicken breast entrees. The steak came very rare. I sent it back and the manager did walk by and apologized. He then offered a side dish. The steak came out a while later and as I cut into it, noticied that it was 50% fat (no joke). This steak made Outback look like Ruth Chris or Mortons. The waiter stated "well you already sent it back once, what can I do and that he described it as marblized (another word for a large amount of fat)." The manager again walked by and quickly stated that he would not charge for the steak. I was extremely surprised that they would even serve a piece of meat like that. As it turned out the chicken was also a little dry but my wife did not want to bring up another complaint after addressing this one. I commend the manager for trying his best but the rest of the experience was sub par for any restaurant especially one that charges these prices.

• Visited January 2013
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Stay away from the seafood here”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

Upper level steak house with some seafood offerings that were disappointing....expensive and small portions of scallops....tiny lobster tail with steak combo and special oysters that were not even fully freed from their shell when served. I really liked the free tastes of special alcoholic drinks but the price of the meal vs quality/quantity was a bit disappointing....if you want a really good steak and not looking for a deal...you will enjoy Capital Grill....but everything is ala carte and avoid the seafood..not close to being worth the $$

• Visited January 2013
Westport, Connecticut
“Grezt Steakhouse in Stamford”
Reviewed December 27, 2012

Friendly, helpful staff. When we returned, asked for same waiter who remembered what our grandson liked and took care of the young man. Made suggestions to our guests, and added to the evening.

Visited December 2012
New York City, New York
“Steak perfection”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

The Capital Grille in Stamford is an excellent steakhouse. From the moment you walk in, until the moment you leave you enjoy the entire experience. My wife and I had a reservation for 8 PM and when we arrived early we were seated with no problem. Our server was very quick and polite. We ordered drinks which came pretty quickly and were strong (which is a good thing really). We had not eaten lunch in anticipation of a large dinner and I am glad we did. We ordered two Wedge salads which where crisp, flavorful, and refreshing. Next came the main course. We both ordered filet mignon medium. Both steaks were cooked perfectly. The meat was very tender, juicy, and flavorful. They were exactly what you would expect from a dry aged prime cut of beef. The sides we ordered were lobster mac 'n cheese, and the creamed spinach. Both of which we have had before at other locations and they were delicious as always. Having been to CG in Chicago, Manhattan NY, Paramus NJ, and now in Stamford CT, I would have to say CG has the steakhouse experience down. I have had consistently excellent meals at every location. If you are looking for a great steakhouse experience I would absolutely recommend Capital Grille, and certainly the Stamford CT location.

• Visited December 2012