“Next best thing to a NY Deli”
Review of Rye Ridge Deli

Rye Ridge Deli
Ranked #80 of 471 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Delicatessen
Reviewed January 10, 2014

In Ct. we don't have the luxury of several high end deli's. Rein's, Rye Ridge, and a few others are acceptably called a deli. Rye Ridge is one of the best "Jewish" deli's around the state. An excellent selection of fine deli meats which make a special trip from Ridgefield worth while. The specialty sandwiches are excellent as are the pickles which help define excellence. Soups are flavorful. Smoked fish selection is excellent. Overall, an excellent option.

1  Thank donaldg753
There are newer reviews for Rye Ridge Deli

Reviewed December 10, 2013

My husband and I had a show to get to and not a lot of tine to really dine at a fine dining restaurant, so we came here for a quick bite. He had a Reuben, which comes with fries, and I had a veggie burrito, which comes with a bowl of Israeli salad that I think they think is pico de gallo, but it isn't.My husband's sandwich was of epic proportions, exceedingly lean, and he tells me tasty. I know the fries were good because I stole a couple--don't tell any one! They were crisp, fresh, and not greasy. My burrito was full of gloriously fresh vegetables and beans, as well as cheese.It hit the spot. Servie is quick and attentive. You really can't beat it if you like a huge variety (the menu is around 6 pages), and you are in a hurry (I think that service here is really faster than at Five Guys just up the road). They also have an abundance of gourmet grocery items such as chocolate dipped pretzels, various chips, Sarabeth's sauces, etc. New in the dessert case are French macarons--we didn't try them, but this is right on point as far as dessert trends go--it also is great for those on gluten free diets--macarons have no flour in them! So now everyone can enjoy a nice meal out at a family friendly place.

Reviewed November 27, 2013

This deli has all the usual stuff. Matzoh ball soup. corned beef, pastrami, etc..Great bagels, friendly service.

1  Thank jeremy t
Reviewed October 19, 2013

Exactly what you expect for a NYC Jewish Deli, not exactly NYC but good for Stamford. Went with a party of 13 recently so there was quite a variety of the menu smothering our table. If you love Half Sour Pickles or sour, the pickles are fantastic! All the classics, potato Pancakes, Pastrami, Corned Beef (a little fatty and veiny this trip) home made roast beef, turkey, matzoh ball soup, well done fires and onion rings, big salads...all good as you would expect. Service friendly We were a large group, keep them busy. So all in all really not 3 and not better than very good, 4 stars, so its a solid 3.5. Factor in the $$$ v $$ and you might think it a 3.

Reviewed September 29, 2013

Rye Ridge Deli has all of the good stuff a good NY deli should, i.e. corned beef, pastrami, matzoh ball soup.

The food is tasty but the corned beef sandwich comes out lukewarm even after I sent it back to get warmed up.

Service could be better as they seem to be distracted or just don't care?!?