“Try the shrimp tacos”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Reviewed June 19, 2013 via mobile

Not the most raved about restaurant but nevertheless a fine place to have lunch or dinner. The menu has changed since my last visit which is always nice to see something different.

This time around I ordered shrimp tacos which I thought might be just ok but we're actually very nice, light and tasty. I do recommend you try it and pair it with a nice glass of wine. Our waitress Kathryn was very attentive and I very much enjoyed our mean. Isn't that why we go out?

Reviewed June 8, 2013

I like to go to Mitchells Fish Market because it is the best spot for Seafood and if you go to the restaurant choose place near the bar area so you can have a nice view from a window . Leather seats are comfortable and if you look around bar area look like a boat... That is fantastic!! I never was unhappy with my order and service.

Reviewed May 5, 2013

We usually avoid this place because we are business travelers with a $50 dinner budget and were told this was "expensive" -wrong! I had an AMAZING 3 course meal, salad, shrimp/lobster stuffed seabass and their sharkfin pie, a great sort of ice cream pie for $32.99!! Great food, great service and a wide menu for any budget!

Reviewed March 24, 2013

We were staying across from the Stamford Town Center and wanted a nice lunch. After passing by Kona and PF Chang's., we went into Mitchell's Fish Market. It was nicely paneled and inviting, so we went in. The restaurant had a strong "fish" odor, but since it was a seafood place, I guess that is acceptable.

We were seated without a wait (it was noon and the place was practically empty). First, the booth was very comfortable and our friendly waitress immediately appeared and got our drink order right away.

Our orders came out within 20 minutes. The fish and chips Susan got was superb. The salmon I order was good, but overcooked. The waitress immediately got me a rare order that was perfect. Frankly, this is one of the better seafood restaurants I have visited, and certainly top notch for a chain in a mall! I compare this to McCormick and Schmick's although it is less expensive and really good.

For the details of my review, see my food blog:

By the way - get the carrot cake!

Reviewed March 23, 2013

We came to the restaurant @ 6:30 on a Friday afternoon. The main dinning room was empty, they asked if we had reservations? I responded no. With that they put us in the bar area, very noisy! As soon as we sat a waiter was there to offer water and bread. Placed our orders after a short look at the menu. We ordered the Fried Calamari, very salty with a very salty dipping sauce.
Next came our Entree, my wife order Cod on the cedar plank, had a strange aftertaste. Vegetables were cooked to perfection. I had a seafood combo with Shrimp, Salmon and scallops over sticky rice with a nice sauce. While the food was good, the waiter was overbearing. Would I go again? Yes. I would make reservations so I sit in the dinning room.