New! Find and book your ideal hotel on TripAdvisor — and get the lowest prices

“Good oysters in a nice atmosphere” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Mitchell's Fish Market - CLOSED

Mitchell's Fish Market
Good for: Business meetings
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Full Bar, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Sao Paulo, SP
“Good oysters in a nice atmosphere”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed February 1, 2013 via mobile

Very nice atmosphere, their service is good, if you concentrate in the sea food part of the menu, you will do well. Avoid the salads, try the oysters, clams, calamari and shrimps

New York
“average”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed January 26, 2013 via mobile

The spinach salad was just okay. Fresh sea bass was spectacular. Fruti di mare had fresh pasta. The pasta sauce was average. Carrot cake could feed four. Nice ambiance. Server spoke so softly that I could hardly hear her.

STAMFORD
“Slow Service, Good to Excellent Food”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 20, 2013

Stopped by for a quiet Sunday evening dinner with my wife and was asked if we had reservations even though the place was half empty. Got a seat right away, but had to wait for almost 10 minutes before our server appeared. I ordered a ribeye, she ordered the cod. The chef himself brought the food to our table ("we're short of staff tonight"). Stead had a nice sear; cod was excellent. My baked potato was perfect; my carrots were al dente. My wife's sides were perfect. I finished my steak; she ate two pieces of her cod; brought the other two home. Overall, the food was good to excellent; the service lacking.

• Visited January 2013
    • 2 of 5 stars
Fairfield County, CT
“Excellent and fresh seafood, but terrible for groups”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 19, 2012

I work just a short walk away from this restaurant and have been meeting friends and co-workers there for over two years, usually for lunch. I've always been impressed with the freshness and presentation of the seafood and the overall cleanliness of the restaurant. Last night, however, our office had a holiday group event there (cocktails plus drinks for 20+ people), and the service could not have been more chaotic. We arrived at 4 pm to find tables configured in a way not conducive to a party atmosphere, and it took nearly 20 minutes to have them arranged into a larger banquet configuration. I arrived at 4:10 pm, and half the guests at the table (including myself) weren't even ASKED for our drink order until 4:30 pm. Then our glasses of wine weren't brought out until 4:55 pm! But strangest of all was the timing of the food that was brought out. Although it was all fresh and tasty, it came out of the kitchen in rapid-fire waves, hot appetizers first. Seriously, about 90 minutes into the banquet, they brought out bread and crudite platters, AFTER the hot appetizers had been served. Half of us never even received glasses of water. In all, the food was very good, but the service very poor. I would never consider booking this place for a group event.

• Visited December 2012
    • 1 of 5 stars
West Chester, Pennsylvania
“Convenient fresh fish”
3 of 5 stars Reviewed December 18, 2012 via mobile

Went with business associate. Warm bread with butter was nice....salad wedge was very good but had unexpected garlic in dressing...no beers on tap but nice collection of local beers in bottles...clam chowder was good but not memorable....seafood pasta was tasty but pasta was sticky....flounder was fresh and tasty....thought service was good, not great. Drafty tables when door opened.....and it wasn't that cold outside...good thing....a bit pricy for the value....but it was convenient....