“The Food is very good cool atmpshere”
Review of Dragonfly Restaurant & Lounge - CLOSED

Dragonfly Restaurant & Lounge
Reviewed June 7, 2012

Each of the food plates we got was quite tasty...but then again I don't know if it was because I was so darn hungry I would have gnawed off my own hand after waiting 45 minutes for the first small plate.... Great beer selection if you are in the mood for that kind of thing. Super cool atmosphere.. band sound was a bit off but I think it was the way their sound system resonated in what used to be an old church. The only thing that kind of was not so great about this place was the service - the rest I would give it a second shot for - food was decent enough for try 2.

Reviewed January 18, 2012

Had friends visiting from out of town, so we decided to try Dragonfly. They have kept the original woodwork that was so beautiful from when the restaurant was the Playwright, and updated it with funky (and comfortable) dark purple plush chairs, giving it a sort of goth feel. The food is excellent - most of the menu is small plates, so it is a great opportunity to try a bunch of things - 6 small plates more than fed three of us, and each one was absolutely delicious. The staff was wonderful and attentive, and I would highly recommend the restaurant - it's a low key, unadvertised treasure!

1  Thank suz
Reviewed September 17, 2011

Tried out Dragonfly Restaurant on a Friday night, when they have live jazz (they have jazz on Sat. nights too, starting around 7:30). While there's seating outdoors in the summer, the inside seating is lovely--heavy red velvet chairs, thick, dark wood tables, all befitting what looks like the old church that it used to be. When we first arrived, the restaurant was very dimly lit, but they turned up the lights a bit when the jazz started.

The menu is primarily small plates and my friend and I sampled quite a few. Kobe beef appeared in 3 of the small plates. We chose the kobe beef croquettes since it's been years since we had croquettes. The single large croquette was served with a russian dressing and sat atop a small chopped salad. It was absolutely delicious, the filling flaky and tasty, the croquette fried to perfection. We tried the smoked gouda ravioli--three large, puffy ravioli filled with delectable smoked gouda in a creamy (but not cloying) cheese sauce. I'll go back JUST for this dish. We also ordered a kobe hamburger, one of the 4 entrees on the menu. For $15, it was well worth it. The huge burger was yummy, the meat grilled to perfection and very tasty. It came with a large mound of shoestring fries that were just ho-hum.
The wine list is decent and reasonably priced, and we tried two of their special wines by the glass, both which were delicious (if pricy at $14 a glass--the waitress didn't tell us the prices when she introduced the special wines and we didn't ask).
Service was excellent--friendly waitstaff who are appropriately attentive. Our water glasses were also kept filled--a nice touch that someone noticed what we needed.

1  Thank rmwhitt
Reviewed July 24, 2011

I love Dragonfly. There is always a jazz band playing some catchy tunes on the weekends. I have to say that their Espresso martinis are the best! Oh and my favorite thing to order are their Lobster Nachos..... they sure are scrumdiddlyumptious.

Reviewed August 17, 2010

I have been to Dragonfly several times and always enjoy it. The room is beautiful and unique, resembling a medieval Irish castle. I recommend ordering different appetizers. Soups and salads are great, the chef likes truffle sauce which adds distinctive flavoring. The best french fries in Stamford. Service is pleasant and cool ambiance. This place is a hidden gem and deserves to be popular. They also feature excellent live jazz music.

Advice: If you go here, make sure you sit inside.