“Established in '06, Been Eating It Since '06”

Remo's Brick Oven Pizza
Ranked #2 of 464 Restaurants in Stamford
Cuisines: Italian, Pizza
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
New York City, New York
“Established in '06, Been Eating It Since '06”
Reviewed July 12, 2012

I moved to Stamford, CT 7 years ago. I grew up in NYC, the birthplace of pizza and "did some time" in NJ for high school/have a lot of family there and NJ is also where you can also find plenty of good pies. I need pizza to survive and I consider myself an expert on it. I'm an overall lover of Italian food (Being Italian and growing up in an "old fashion" Italian family) so this is my nice way of telling you that I know more about pizza and what good food is than you do. I'm only half joking but I am a tri-state area person after all so you should expect this kind of behavior.

All of that being said here is why Remo's is special; They offer a well balanced range of food composed of extremely high quality ingredients, which is always fresh, always consistent, and sold at a very fair price. That is why they are busy every day and night. Their pizza is excellent. some say the dough is a little under salted but in my opinion it's the best pizza you can get in Fairfield county. The only better pizza I've had in the state is from the famous Frank Pepe's in New Haven (and they have the unfair advantage because they have a coal oven which is grandfathered into commercial building regulations). It's a great pizza which you can have with fresh, house made mozzarella or the traditional NY style. Crust is always crispy and they use a simple san marizano sauce. This is why you come here though. The rest of the menu, while very good and keeps me in regularly (because we can't eat pizza all the time even though we wish we could). Remo's pizza matches up with any pizza in the states as far as I'm concerned with the exception of a few very famous coal oven places in NYC and CT and that is saying a lot from someone who has eaten a lot of it.

As for the rest of the food specifically it's not "new age" "edgy" Italian, (go to Zaza for that), It's not "down home" (go to Cafe Silvium for that). It's far more simple than that. It's just bare, quality food, that is cooked extremely well and is full of flavor. They bake all their own bread fresh themselves for the table and for the sandwiches. While their pasta or dinners aren't as good as the best Italian restaurants, its the top end of "pizza palour" Italian dishes and as I said it's a great portion at a great value.

Every neighborhood needs a place like this-a spot you can go to 2-3 times a week, get different things everytime, not get bored, and not go broke.

Service doesn't need to be mentioned as it's always good, and the place is spotless. It looks the same way it did 6 years ago when it opened. I have to bust on them from switching from Coke to Pepsi though-I hate that.

PS-don't sleep on their homeade canoli's if you are into that sort of thing.

• Visited July 2012

New York
“Excellent Italian Food”
Reviewed July 10, 2012

During our recent stay in Stamford,we had the opportunity to eat at Remo's. The food was excellent as well as the service. The staff was extremely helpful and friendly. Our son and daughter-in-law from Florida frequented it daily for pizza. They claimed it to be among the best pizza that they had ever had, Their favorite was the Margarita Pizza.

• Visited July 2012
Chicago, Illinois
“I'm not sure why people rave about Remos...”
Reviewed July 9, 2012 via mobile

When we moved to Stamford everyone said we had to try Remo's. I'm not sure why people rave about tis place...we have been here twice thinking maybe we ordered the wrong Jong, but the food really is just average and moderately priced. It would be a good place to take the kids out for dinner.

johnston
“Great food and friendly prices”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

Great Italian. From Pizza to Pasta, they do it all

• Visited December 2011
Ohio
“Not to be missed”
Reviewed July 2, 2012

Excellent Italian food, lightning-fast and friendly service. We were in and out in no time. The place has an airy diner feel, as opposed to the darkness one usually expects in an authentic Italian restaurant.

Don't leave Stamford without stopping here!

Visited July 2012