“Mirror,Mirror!”

Cuisines: Asian, Chinese, Japanese, Thai
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed September 14, 2016

Not your typical decor stepping into the future. The service was fast with several hovering green shirted waitresses. Had a veggie hibachi meal - choose miso soup but they offered mushroom. Miso was average with extra small cubes of soy and three or four small leaf greens. Veggies were cooked to perfection accompanied by scoop of fried rice and noodles. I would go back again. Did not try any sushi. Not a family style restaurant but there was a couple with their under two year old. Not a place for kids. I was there on a Tuesday night, traffic on 95 caused a detour for dinner. They were offering a ladies night drink special ? and gave me a coupon for $20 off a $35 lunch.

Date of visit: September 2016

Reviewed August 6, 2016 via mobile

I've been here many times alone and with friends and keep going back. The sushi is terrific and reasonably priced, as are the drinks, and what I've had of the hot food. The people who work there are amazingly friendly. A great find.

Date of visit: August 2016
Reviewed May 5, 2016

This place offers Asian fare but I think the sushi is what its all about. We wanted some chinese and ordered wonton soup, shrimp dumplings and sushi roll. The soup and dumplings must have come out of a box because I could have bought better in the supermarket in the freezer section. Very disappointed!!! Redemption with the sushi roll - not bad at all. This place should just stick to what its good at. Don't waste your money on anything else here. 3 dots just for the sushi alone. the rest is just meh!

Date of visit: April 2016
1  Thank Carencaren
Reviewed April 29, 2016

I reviewed this place four years ago, shortly after it opened. There were some problems, but since then, things have improved. We've had lunch here several times, and it's about time that I gave them an up to date review.

I see that some other reviewers have said that this is a Japanese Restaurant, and indeed, Wafu offers the usual Sushi and Sashimi, with Rolls of various types. However, we've been focussing on their Chinese/American options. You know the drill - General Tso's Chicken, Mango Prawn, Twice-cooked Pork, and so on, with a side order of Miso Soup. and maybe a Spring Roll. Lots of places offer these dishes, and for the most part, they're nothing special.
Wafu offers these as a lunch option, and they are exceptional: fresh ingredients (particularly the mango) and good balance of spices.
One can also add items from the dinner menu as an appetizer. which is a nice way to
extend a lunch hour. I recommend the Crispy Duck Roll.
Their wine list is relatively short, but at lunch time, that's less important. The Malbec is decent.
Service was good, friendly (and generous - we got a $20 voucher towards our next lunch)
And yes, they are persisting with the iPad as Menu system. Well. Why not.
Happy to say that this is our local Asian Restaurant.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed March 24, 2016

I had a delicious tofu red curry - and brown rice was included. the wines are thoughtfully selected and not overpriced. The decor is weird and offputting - too dim to read but too bright to be romantic - and there are hubcaps(!) as mirrors. Lots of choices for vegetarians and if my curry is any indication tasty.

Date of visit: March 2016