“CROWDED but good”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Everyone knows that dining out on a Saturday night is not the best way to experience a restaurant. That being said, dinner at the Grey Goose this past Saturday was still a pleasant, if noisy, experience. It looks like an old ice cream parlor from the outside. Inside is cozy and crowded. Be prepared to wait a long time for a table as they do not accept reservations. The bar was so packed that we couldn't get near it and we were forced to stand in the aisles (where we got scolded for being in the way) or outside in the COLD. They need to figure out a better system. Luckily we were seated within a half hour. The food was reasonably priced and the Divers Scallops that I had were delicious. Wait staff was very attentive...even on a very crowded night.

Reviewed December 17, 2012 via mobile

We have eaten in many restaurants in Fairfield County and this is now my absolute favorite. Everything was perfect! Love, love the atmosphere, nothing pretentious, simply rustic and charming. Our server was polite and well informed. The food was delicious. It could be a bit noisy some, didn't bother us because everything else was so good. We finalized our reasonable bill and added two gift certificates for Christmas gifts!

1  Thank Lisa17Provincetown
Reviewed November 21, 2012

What a disappointment. I have to this restaurant a half-dozen times over the last three years. It has always been OK...sometimes even good. My wife, I and another couple had dinner there last Friday night and, unfortunately, almost everything that came to the table poorly prepared and tasteless. i started with the Manhattan clam chowder...basically tasteless tomato vegetable soup with some clams. For he main course I had he duck "breast" which turned-out to be pieces of breast, not even equalling anything close to a full breast, and it was over-cooked. It was accompanied by a potato pancake that was dripping in oil. My wife had the lobster risotto where the risotto was severely undercooked and the lobster severely overcooked. We shared an apple tart for dessert which was the best thing to hit the table. Extremely disappointing meal. This bar/restaurant appears to be focusing on the bar and having the restaurant as an after thought.

Reviewed October 22, 2012

For the last week, my wife and I have been participating in Fairfield Restaurant week. We found out that it was best to avoid anywhere which didn't take reservations, since the lines were horrendous during the festival. Unfortunately, this meant avoiding some of our favourite haunts. Now Restauant Week is over, so we decided to celebrate my birthday at our 'local', the Gray Goose. They don't take reservations.

We love this place. It gives generous measures of wine, generous portions of excellent food, and the service is cheerful and efficient.The atmosphere is cosy and welcoming, and the layout allows you to match the ambiance to your mood - hectic and bustling inside at the bar, or more quietly outside on the terrace. There's a fireplace and heaters, so it's just as cosy out there. Last night, we dined outside.

We started with deep fried calamari for two: perfectly cooked, and plenty for two.
My wife had Lobster Risotto, and I had Steak Frites (my favourite). Both excellent.
I finished with Banana Bread Pudding, and my wife had Chocolate tart. Guilty pleasures.
My wife drank Prosecco, I had Merlot. As I mentioned before, the measures were generous.

A perfect birthday meal, at a perfect venue.

Happy to say that Gray Goose is our 'local'.

1  Thank Hans_Sachs
Reviewed October 14, 2012 via mobile

Nice community/location. Cool building. A little loud but nice atmosphere. Excellent tasting food and presentation. Portions OK. Hard to understand wait staff. Didn't have printed beer list or dessert menu.

1  Thank Wade B