“Beautiful, but..........”
Review of Delamar Southport

Delamar Southport
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Southport
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The Delamar is an excellent 4 Star hotel. The rooms are first glass with significant touches like solid wood doors and terrific bedding. With the great amenities, The Delamar has a nasty policy of "nickel and diming" their guests whenever they can. With their mostly affluent guests, many probably don't notice or question the mandatory (and unannounced) $15 "Service Fee" that appears on the final bill. When I asked the reason for this fee, I was told it paid for tips for the staff. The restaurant is similarly guilty of charging a mandatory 22.5% service charge for our dinner party of 10.

Room Tip: Ask them about the additional fees before booking
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded January 28, 2014

Thank you for taking your time to share your experience with us. We are glad to know you enjoyed the hotel and amenities it has to offer.
With regards to the “service fee” of $15 I apologies that it was not explained to you upon check in as part of the process. This fee covers the gratuity for all line Employees and is distributed to them directly. Please feel free to reach out to me directly if you have any another questions.
We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit. Warmest Regards, Mariya Sytnyk

There are newer reviews for Delamar Southport

Reviewed December 18, 2013

Only there for one night, but our room was lovely. I'm a big fan of bathrooms with lots of space to put personal toiletries, and this one filled the bill. If you have to stay in the Westport area, it's the best choice.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2014

Thank you for your kind review of Delamar Southport. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay and amenities. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit. Warm Regards, Mariya Sytnyk Property Manager

Reviewed December 16, 2013

I have stayed at the Delamar twice, and it's been perfect both times. The rooms are large and well appointed. The linens are lux and the beds are super comfortable. Aside from the standard accoutrements, they also provide you with the little extras that make a huge difference- a soft bathrobe and slippers to an umbrella for the cold season. I love the fresh orchid in the bathroom too- I feel like they always go the extra mile. It's like a dear friend welcoming you into their home- there is no request that is too large or too small. Everything was perfect from check in to check out. I am already looking forward to my next stay. Thank you Delamar for the wonderful service!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled on business
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded December 26, 2013

Thank you for your kind review of Delamar Southport. It was a pleasure to welcome you back for a return visit. We are glad to know that, as always, you enjoyed your hotel accommodation and our amenities, I will make sure to pass along the compliments to our Delamar Team that make this type of experience possible, Thank you again for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back, Regards,Mariya Sytnyk

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Thanksgiving weekend is now over. My stay at the Delamar Hotel is Southport, CT was a very nice experience. I had a hard time finding it because (my fault) didn't bring my GPS. Once I arrived it was an wonderful experience. The room was large, the bathroom even larger. I could fit my own bathroom in this one. I had slippers waiting for my tired feet at the foot of my bed. A bathroom was hanging in the bathroom. Just lovely.
The staff couldn't do enough for me. Then I found out they had no gift shop. I would've loved to purchase a gift for my friend from their.
Their Artisan Restaurant was on the first floor with complimentary breakfast the whole weekend. The food was excellent.
That night I was sleeping but was awaken by the noise of the heat coming on. Then a cool breeze fell upon me from the vents over the bed. My remote didn't work and my night sleep wasn't too good. I reported these interruptions to the staff. I was told it would be taken care of.
It was for one night and then third night stay had the same problem. This was reported again.
For the price of the room I would think the heating system would be more sophisticated.
The staff person who registered me was wonderful as well as the porters.
I wouldn't let this hinder me from staying there again. I look forward to it.
It was a very nice experience.

Room Tip: Ask for a room not too far from the elevator. My room was down the hall, around the corner and up th...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing the feedback of your stay with us. We are delighted to hear you enjoyed the spacious accommodations hotel has to offer as well as all of our amenities and services. I appreciate you complimenting our dedicated team working hard in delivering great customer service. I apologize that heating did not work properly; this issue was addressed with the management. We certainly would love to welcome you back for a return visit. Warm Regards, Mariya Sytnyk Property Manager

Reviewed November 26, 2013

The Delamar Southport is one of those boutique hotels that specializes in service in addition to rooms alone. The result is a consistently excellent experience enhanced by the helpful attitude of the service people in the hotel. The restaurant is good as well. This well run hotel is an excellent value on a host of levels. My wife and I always make it a point to stay here whenever we are in the vicinity.

Room Tip: All the rooms are nice but the suites are great if you are staying for more than a few days as they...
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Mariya S, General Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded November 27, 2013

Thank you for sharing your wonderful review of Delamar Southport. We are delighted to know you enjoyed your stay as well as our friendly and caring staff. We look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit.
Warmest Regards, Mariya Sytnyk, Property Manager

Reviewed November 14, 2013

Our suite was gorgeous! The beds are clean and comfortable, the ammenities are top notch and the attention to detail is impressive. The staff is friendly and accommodating and the on site restaurant is fabulous!

Room Tip: A fireplace makes the experience just that much better!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your kind revive and wonderful compliments. We are pleased you got to enjoy a superior room with fireplace. Look forward to welcoming you back for a return visit. Warm Regards, Mariya Sytnyk Property Manager

Reviewed November 8, 2013

I really recommend Delamar hotel.

Its had a very friendly and helpfull staff.
Its a beautiful and cozy hotel in a very nice area of Southport. My room was much then I expected and everything was clean and organized. They have very good quality products as well.
plus they have a very good restaurant

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Leonard B, Front Office Manager at Delamar Southport, responded to this reviewResponded November 10, 2013

Thank you for taking a moment to post this review about us. I am pleased to know we not only met but exceeded your expectations during your visit. Our team strives to go out of their way to provide great service and memorable experiences for all of our guests and our housekeeping department deserves each accolade they receive for always providing a clean and welcoming space for our guests to enjoy. Thank you for staying with us and I look forward to welcoming you back to Delamar Southport soon.

Leonard Beard
Front Office Manager

Also consider these accommodations in or near Southport
Delamar Greenwich Harbor Hotel
The Westport Inn
The Westport Inn
#1 of 1 in Westport
Best Western Plus Fairfield Hotel

Been to Delamar Southport? Share your experiences!