“A Southington mainstay...”

Anthony Jack's Woodfired Grill
Ranked #2 of 191 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: Steakhouse
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Takeout
Description: A 15yr family owned and operated casually sophisticated restaurant located in the heart of downtown Southington. We pride ourselves on consistently excellent food made fresh daily, generous portions and excellent professional service at very affordable prices.
Reviewed June 21, 2014

If you find yourself starting to read my reviews, you will find that I rate restaurants on a number of things but how I feel after leaving the place is just as important as how I felt when I walked in. Consistency equals accuracy and while that might not mean one is hitting the center of the target, Anthony Jack's is. They have found the balance that makes this a local favorite. The green beans are like my grandmother used to make them...while the steaks are great, you will want to eat your greens too. Dining room seating can be tough because the place is usually packed but you will feel just as comfortable at the bar. Highly recommended if you are in Southington.

1  Thank Edward P

Reviewed June 6, 2014

I was here a few days back for my sister's birthday. First of all, parking was easier than expected and the refreshed neighborhood was a pleasant surprise. The menu was varied and interesting. Atmosphere? Comfortable and casual. High point? Jen, our server was at the top of her game. Superb!

2  Thank pak1001
Reviewed May 30, 2014

I stopped here on a business trip after consulting my go-to resource - TRIPADVISOR.
This place was packed on a WED night. I had a filet mignon. It was really good.
Service was great and I liked the atmosphere.

Reviewed May 13, 2014

This review will be slightly critical to show the good, and the areas that need improvement, but in all we had a fine experience, and will be back.

We came in after the dinner rush and had no problem getting an open seat at the bar for a late bite. The server/bartender was very friendly, attentive and took or drink and food order quickly.
We started with simple Buffalo tenders. I was glad to see that they are house made and didnt come from the freezer, but they were on the soggy side and would be much better with a little crunch to them. Sauce was typical Buffalo, nothing special.
The ceasar salad was one of the best I've had in a while, the dressing was either a high quality bought product or house made, I'm leaning towards house made. Croutons were house made as well, very good
I had the Gemelli with blackened chicken and pesto cream, and My wife had the blackened swordfish. Both dishes were presented well. The flavor of the pasta dish was a little above average, but the pesto-cream sauce was over cooked and lacked that basil flavor I was expecting. The sauce was starting to break (separate) and was more of a brownish color, which tells me that it was simmered far too long when prepared. The swordfish came with some sort of tomato sauce, so my wife requested a standard caper-butter sauce. It arrived with the tomato sauce and she didnt want to have it fixed. The fish itself had great flavor though, she just didnt use the sauce.
Atmosphere was good, food came out fast, and staff was friendly. Prices were a little high, but seemed fair for the area.
We will be back to try the steaks.

1  Thank MATTfromCT
Reviewed April 16, 2014

I have eaten at Anthony Jack's on many occasions over the years. I have always enjoyed my meals at the local restaurant. During The summer months, the restaurant offers special priced dinners on certain days of the week. You always get bread and oil to start your meal, followed by a large house salad. The dinner portions are always very generous, and the prices are right where they should be. I would suggest trying one of the various pasta dishes, and the beef is just wonderful. Come to Southington and give Anthony Jack's a try!

1  Thank Robert H