“Okay”

Days Inn Southington
Ranked #4 of 8 Hotels in Southington
Reviewed October 28, 2011

Came to the area to visit Lake Compounce. The rate I received over the internet was more when I got there. They said it was due to "raised taxes". Hotel bed was very comfortable but the bathroom was dirty. The bathroom tiles had dried up soap residue all over. The faucet handles had residue all around them. The walls were paper thin and we can hear the neighbors conversation like they were talking right in front of me. It was convenient and I only stayed overnight so it served its purpose. I came to learn there are plenty of hotels in this area.

There are newer reviews for Days Inn Southington

Reviewed October 20, 2011

The first room we got had a filthy airconditioner/heater and so we were moved to another room where the ac/heater was clean but the room had a musty odor which we believe came from a dirty carpet. We did not want to complain again so tolerated it and both ended up with sinus infections. The bathtub had a ring and needed a good scrub. This property is well located in a green lush area of Ct. but the property needs to be cared and properly maintained. I will not stay there again.

Room Tip: Don't stay there.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed October 15, 2011

We stayed here on a Saturday night of Columbus Day weekend...first the positives, great location nice and close to lake compounce which is where we had just come from...nice brand new beds which are very comfortable. Now the bad news. We arrived to an overflowing parking lot at 10:30 PM and couldnt find a spot...so my wife parked in the check in loop while I went in for the adventure of a lifetime. The extremely overwhelmed clerk greeted me and asked my name and proceeded to tell me that my "request" for a nonsmoking room could not be fulfilled because they had overbooked nonsmoking and since we were arriving late we would be stuck in a smoking room....notice she reffered to this as a "request"...unacceptable since I BOOKED a Nonsmoking room...period. I had booked 2 weeks prior online so there should have been a nonsmoking room wating for us. I told her that we were staunch non-smokers with two little kids in tow...so she said she would change the sheets and towels out in a smoking room for us...ok, I can deal with that. Still not happy, but willing to deal seeing how busy they are.

Next I asked about parking. She said that the sportsbar in front of the hotel shares the parking lot with the Days Inn and since it was Saturday night it was very busy and that since it was getting later patrons should be leaving soon and a spot would open up. ???? I have never heard of a hotel sharing a lot like this....and they should atleast have signed reserved parking for the number of rooms they have in case they are fully booked like this night. Very amatuer operation here. Not done yet>>>

So finally after 30 minutes of waiting since we first arrived...our smoking/hybrid room was ready. My wife was none to pleased already so as we entered the hallway to go to our room we pass by a shirtless man in his boxer shorts heading out to smoke. I find out later that there is a carnival in town and this is where all the workers are staying! Wow..this night just gets better and better.

We were told on arrival that no 2 bed rooms were available...so they "upgraded" us to a King suite with a pull out sofa...ok thats fine since my son is young enough to sleep with mom and dad and my daughter can have the pull out. However when we enter the room there is no pull out!!!! One King bed and 2 Chairs...so I head down to the front desk again and ask them if we can have a roll-away bed...thankfully they have one and I help the clerk bring it to the room. She thanked me for my patience and have a good night.

So to sum this all up....NEVER stay at this hotel on a saturday night!!! If its booked solid and the bar in the front of the parking lot is chock full...turn around and run the other way!!!! Seriously what a HORRIBLE experience...I dont know what its like on a normal night, but this was bad...very bad.

Room Tip: Try someplace else
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 23, 2011

My family recently stayed at this hotel which is located right off the main street, Queen Street. You enter a very large Lobby area where I was greeted by Gerri who was so welcoming & funny! We checked in early and there was still breakfast going on until 9am. She said to drop off our luggage to the room and come down for this great breakfast. The room was so spacious with beautiful beds. I asked if they were new and she said the were brand new pillow top beds...well, we wanted to purchase one before we left! Best sleep of my life, great rate & outstanding service from Gerri and the Sales Manager, Kim who is helping me an upcoming family reunion. This is GREAT hotel!

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 15, 2011

We got there late, and if we had more time, we would have gone elsewhere. The room smelled musty and the carpet was filthy. With damp post-shower feet, I walked out to the room to get my shaving kit, and left dirty footprints all over the bathroom linoleum/tile floor.
My wife went on a bed-bug hunt, and found none, but there was a big ugly bug crawling on the desk.

I wouldn't go back. Ever.

Room Tip: Look elsewhere.
Reviewed September 8, 2011

The place was clean and breakfast was good. The rooms are unique with very high ceilings and narrow doors. Only negative was that the carpet on the stairs really needs to be cleaned, gives a poor first impression.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2011

The Front Desk Staff is very helpful and understaning. Leann was more than willing to map quest some places I was interested in visiting. After printing them she went over the directions with me. As well as gave me a few suggestions on places to take my son shopping in the area. I will be back next summer and will stay at the Days Inn.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Econo Lodge Plantsville
#1 of 1 in Plantsville
Red Roof Inn Hartford - New Britain
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire

Been to Days Inn Southington? Share your experiences!