“Property wasn't Great”

Ranked #5 of 8 Hotels in Southington
Enterprise, Alabama
“Property wasn't Great”
Reviewed June 18, 2013

I was a little disappointed by this property. Normally we stay at the Hampton Inn but the closest one was booked. We figured that the Holiday Inn would be the next best thing. It was not that clean and the beds felt like we were sleeping on bricks.

Room Tip: Sorry, I just don't have any. The young lady in front was very nice and helpful.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southington, responded to this review, July 6, 2013
Dear vglindsey,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review of our property. We're sorry you were not satisfied with the cleanliness of our hotel and the beds in your room fell below your expectations. We take all comments into consideration and welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying and we hope you give us another chance to show you how great our hotel is.

Anthony M
Case Manager
IHGCare

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
Whitman, Massachusetts
Reviewed June 12, 2013

As Southington CT is fairly central for me in CT when I am there on business. I do make a point to stay at HI's and favor HI Express because of the breakfast included. As I have now stayed at this location several times and would say overall they are one of the better ones because of their detail to satisfaction especially with Rosemary and her staff. I will not saw it has been perfect but how I guage my expereince is what they do when there are issues and they have done well to correct any issue I have had. The only thing that still needs improvement is the OJ... it is terrible but all else meets expectations for breakfast as the location is great, located right off 84 and plenty of restaurants and access nearby to start and end the business day!

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
Oradell, New Jersey
Reviewed May 27, 2013

We were traveling to Connecticut and a relative recommended The Holiday Inn Express in Southington for an overnight stay. We made reservations a few days earlier and when we checked in ‘the room was ready and available’. The hotel is situated off I84 in the central part of the state, North of Waterbury, and has nice surroundings. The receptionist was very friendly and helpful. Our room was very clean, quite spacious with a very comfortable king-size bed and a spotless bathroom. Breakfast was included (serve yourself in the lobby), with many selections and the food was good. We enjoyed our stay immensely and would stay there again if we’re ever in the area.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
Walthill, Nebraska, United States
Reviewed April 14, 2013

I stopped here due to a business trip in Connecticut. I booked the room as I was shocked to see that there were not a lot of hotels in the area. I stayed for one night on a Saturday evening and was very pleased when I arrived at the hotel. The property was clean, the staff was friendly, and the room was very nice. I especially liked the pillow top mattress. I slept like a baby even with a bad back, very comfortable. The breakfast in the morning was hot, a welcome change. The eggs were fresh, the sausage was hot and fresh. The biscuits and gravy were fresh and hot also. Had yogurt, toast, bagels, and a wide variety of juices, milk and hot coffee. Very nice. I would gladly stay again if in the area.

• Stayed April 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed April 11, 2013

The staff disrespected my family and i. My daughter was playing in our room and we were accused of having a dog in our bedroom, followed by telling me i was unable to stay the night with my "dog". We were not impressed.

• Stayed March 2013
WHGGuestService, Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southington, responded to this review, April 12, 2013
I am terribly distressed by the comment regarding your recent experience at our hotel. We absolutely did not intend to insult your family during a noise complaint investigation and I am very sorry to find that you felt that way. I appreciate your feedback and strive to offer a pleasurable experience for every guest at our hotel so I am taking this matter up with our associates to be certain we are able to clearly communicate our policies and information to guests going forward.

Again, I’m terribly sorry for any miscommunication. Please feel free to call me directly to further discuss this incident.

Rosemary Vieira
(860) 276-0736
West Chester, PA
Reviewed February 17, 2013

Although HIE properties offer basic features and comforts, my wife and I were pleased with our choice to stay at the HIE Southington. Just traveling through on I-84, the hotel was easy to find, near a variety of restaurants and comfortable. What inspired me to write this review was the excellent breakfast service. We came downstairs to check out, have a quick breakfast and depart to find the lobby packed with kids sports teams! There must have been a wrestling competition nearby as the lobby was swarming with teenage boys and their gear. I groaned knowing that the complimentary breakfast buffet would be stripped bare. Not so! The attending staffer, I think her name was Firdoze, had the food freshly restocked, the tables cleaned, and everything in order. This took effort and we appreciated it enough to document this favorable review.

We would stay here again on future trips.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Southington, Connecticut, United States
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I stayed here on jan 4 the night I married my babygirl!! We checked in 2 find a musty room with a bathtub that wouldnt drain,I immediately brought this 2 the attn of the clerk who did move us but I found it kinda rude that he took 2 phonecalls 1st. the next room was musty also,and had a filthy bathroom. I again mentioned this and told the clerk I would be down after the JP completed r ceremony, the clerk said ok then called us in the middle of it. I called the front desk 2 address this &the very nice manager Rose comped or room 4the nt,however no1 ever came 2 clean it. It was certainly a nice gesture however im not sure id suggest this hotel as it smells and is dirty

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
WHGGuestService, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Southington, responded to this review, January 31, 2013
Joel,
Congratulations on your marriage and I am excited you chose to do so at our hotel! My deepest apologies for the disruption of your ceremony. We have addressed your concerns with the appropriate staff members. We strive to maintain a clean and friendly hotel. I remember you shared with me that you also work in the hotel industry and I want to thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, as it helps us constantly improve.

Rosemary Vieira
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
Residence Inn Southington
Residence Inn Southington
#2 of 8 in Southington
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington

Been to Holiday Inn Express Southington? Share your experiences!