“Viking-sized portions, delish”

Ranked #11 of 190 Restaurants in Southington
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 30, 2012

Read the reviews and decided to visit. My throat was a little scratchy, so I thought I'd start with a bowl of corn chowder. It was a meal unto itself, loaded with corn and potato. I wished it was a little spicier, but I fixed that with some pepper. My daughter had a "small" spinach salad with pecans, mandarin oranges, and onions which was wonderful and none too small. By the time our small pizza arrived, we were already stuffed, but we ate some slices just to try. We got the Canadian Bacon and pineapple pizza which was loaded with toppings and very tasty. Since we had leftovers, we finished it for lunch the next day. BTW, we both actually liked it better cold. The atmosphere was cozy and the servers were pleasant. Plenty of parking in the lot in the back. Can't go wrong here

There are newer reviews for Fire Place

Reviewed March 11, 2012

We enjoyed the minestrone soup, caprese salad made of fresh mozzarella and cherry tomatoes. We tried both the regular pizza and the mashed potato pizza. Both were excellent. Mashed potato pizza tastes like a loaded potato skin. Yummy!

Reviewed March 10, 2012

Food was great. Best wings ever. Nice atmosphere. Good service. Really had a nice dinner. Even the spinach salad was great.

Reviewed September 25, 2011

Hands down the Fire Place has the best pizza in town! The prices on pizza especially their specialty pies are pretty good. The Honey BBQ pizza is excellent, the best I've had; as well as the Mashed Potato (which seems weird but my friends got it and it was pretty good)

Overall it is a great place to go to for some beers and pizza with friends or really anyone. Place is always packed on weekends as most of the good spots are in Southington.

The only thing I would like is a choice for appetizers rather than just salads but that is minor.

Reviewed July 21, 2011

I like the fireplace and only have one complaint, but it is a substantial one. It takes way too long to get your food. With most patrons ordering personal pizzas the oven is not large enough to keep up. This has happened each time I've eaten there, per the waitstaff. The bar is great though and gets quite busy.