“Pleasing experience, despite surly waitress...”
Review of Outback Steakhouse

Outback Steakhouse
Ranked #22 of 190 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: American, Steakhouse
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Connecticut
“Pleasing experience, despite surly waitress...”
Reviewed January 16, 2013

I have not been to this Outback restaurant in years. I was pleasantly surprised at the quality of the food and service. Our waitress was a bit surly, but I would be too if I had to deal with patrons like me (demanding a place setting and napkin) and the screaming kids of numerous customers. If you want quiet, this is not the place; the menu is diverse and the food outweighed any of this though. I had the lamb entree and it was good. My companion had the Norwegian Salmon, which met with raves. The Wallaby Darned drink was exceptional, as was the Sangria. We were too full for dessert, but will be back!

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank radiowitch

Southington, Connecticut, United States
“excellent food and great service”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

I love their bread and have often bought extras to take home. We all love the blooming onion and my very favorite is the chopped salad. After I eat the salad I am full and usually take the rest home. I love the Victoria fillet and we can get sweet potato fries or a baked sweet potato but not all locations offer the same items. I received gift certificates as presents and I love getting them.

Visited September 2012
Southington, Connecticut
“So good to have an Outback in Town!!!”
Reviewed August 28, 2012

This outback is a lot of fun and the service very friendly. Everything is fresh and their seasonings are delicious. Sure to be something on the menu for everyone. Can get crowded...but that is because it is so good!

Visited July 2012
Prospect
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Mediocre at best.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012

We went for diner tonight and it just isn't the same. I told the hostess going in it was our son's birthday, they never said a word to him. All 4 of our dinners were not hot, just mediocre. We left most of the soggy cold fries behind. The waiter had ZERO personality, and was just there serving time delivering food. Very very disappointed. We asked for our check and left. Many better options in the area.

Portland, Connecticut
“Best Outback Experience Ever”
Reviewed June 18, 2012

Mom, Dad, hubby and I went to Outback for birthdays/Father's Day. The food was excellent, promptly served and the manager came over (Ryan) and was very nice. He wished all of us well and was very friendly. I noticed he made sure to get to the tables to greet everyone! The waitress was right on the mark, promptly ordering, serving and clearing the table, water was filled and she asked if we needed anything often, even though the place was very busy! We will definitely recommend this Outback and go again soon!

• Visited June 2012