“My favorite Chinese Restaurant in town.”

Zheng's Chinese Food and Take out
Ranked #64 of 191 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: Chinese
Reviewed March 28, 2014

Since I'm mostly vegetarian, I enjoyed their vegan dishes and their spicy, garlic sauce is out of this world!! The food is wonderful and fresh and tastes just as good on the next day! The people are very nice too. :)

2  Thank MaineIndie

Reviewed February 21, 2014

Usually when you go out for Chinese it seems like a ton of salt and just quickly reheated food. But Zheng's is fresh and not nearly so salty.

I have been going here since they opened and usually create my own menu, limiting salt and keeping veggies maxed. Sometimes bringing my own ingredients to add a little more zip because I love HOT and spicy and chinese usually lacks something for me. It is never a problem and the owner has even changed some of his ingredients so I can leave it all home.

Both the owner and his wife are very friendly, not because we are regulars, that started the first time we were in. While waiting for food you can see them interact with others and there is no difference from one to another.

A customer, really named Walter, a foodie, comes in and raves about Zheng's. I have heard him say many times that he eats everywhere from coast to coast and now only likes Zhengs chinese for the freshness, friendliness and because it is not an issue to have what you really want and not what american chinese menus say you should have. Of course I am sure you can have what is on the menu and some people like it that way, but be adventurous.

Give Zheng a try and see, chinese doesn't have to be boring and bland.

2  Thank summerfuninwintersun
Reviewed September 25, 2013

My family used to go to the same take out place for our Chinese food and I saw Zheng's was opening I figured why not try it since it's a little closer to home. I was happy to find that the food is very good and the serving size is larger than the other place we used to go for around the same price. Whenever we order Chinese takeout it comes from Zheng's.

2  Thank Carl P
Reviewed June 16, 2013

I decided to try the new Zheng's tonight. They have been open for about a month now. The restaurant was very clean and the service was friendly. They have a couple tables should you wish to dine in but this is mostly a take out place.

I ordered crab rangoons and a chicken with broccoli combination platter with vegetable fried rice.

The crab rangoons were stuffed full and tasted okay but there was some yellowish pieces of something inside that I couldn't identify. I decided to stop eating them because I am allergic to shrimp and didn't want to risk it. It could have been rice but I wasn't sure.

The chicken was very good quality and the sauce was good. They give you plenty of sauce in the meal so the food isn't dry. The vegetable fried rice was about average. The eggroll was good but wasn't greasy enough as weird as that sounds.. It seemed dry... maybe that is a good thing but I feel I have had better.

They offer a "healthy" options menu with lot so veggie choices.
I would definitely go back and try other things are Zheng's. They were very friendly and the restaurant was very clean. Overall the food felt like good quality. I am rating it average because I have had better but I have also had worse.

2  Thank Sunryz710