“Best burgers in town!!”

Cuisines: Thai
Hartford, Connecticut
“Best burgers in town!!”
Reviewed March 5, 2013 via mobile

I too am baffled why we are the only ones in the dining room on a week night. We have gone on a Monday, Tuesday, and on a Wednesday and most people hang in the bar. No problem. Our family loves the food. The burgers are the BEST. Huge fresh patties with whatever toppings you want. No extra charge for toppings like cheese, bacon, avocado, onions, etc. They also have tiger sauce which we love to put on our burgers. My kids love the pulled pork sandwich too. They have different specials every night but we LOVE the burgers so much, we always get that. The wait staff is awesome too - very friendly and we never feel rushed, only welcomed.

1 Thank MLEPSU

Hartford, Connecticut
“What a hidden treat!”
Reviewed November 20, 2012

I had heard through the grapevine that this tucked-away restaurant was bringing back the Sunday brunch so we decided to give it a try. The restaurant has changed hands a few times over the years and we hadn't been there since it had become "Spice".
The brunch was moderately priced at $20 and included complimentary Bloody Mary or Mimosa and coffee. A well-chosen selection on the buffet table included a "waffle and/or omelet to order" area, a large carved turkey (probably because of the season), numerous egg dishes, salads (the potato salad was especially tasty), and a small dessert area.
The brunch runs from 10am to 1pm. After that they feature TVs around the bar with football games. There is also a separate dining room.
Drawback... only one. We were the only people there at the time. I think Southington has so many boutique restaurants right now that a lot of people hesitate to stray from their usual haunts to try something new. I truly hope that this one catches on. I think the owners have really put their hearts and souls into making it a success and I hope they succeed. We'll be back and make another small contribution, that's for sure.

• Visited November 2012