“Overcooked fries, so-so hot dog”

Pop's Original Burgers and Fries
Cuisines: American
Hartford, Connecticut
“Overcooked fries, so-so hot dog”
Reviewed October 31, 2012

We decided to try this little hamburger place. At first we were leery of going in as there were only employees inside but we finally decided to "brave" it. My wife ordered a cheeseburger and I had a hot dog with cheese and chili and we split an order of fries.
They brought the order to our table and the first thing I noticed was that both the cheese and the chili were in little paper cups and not on the hot dog. That's ok but I had to go back to the counter to ask for a knife or spoon... something with which to put the condiments onto the hot dog.
Then there were the fries. They are "served" to you in a brown paper lunch bag. After trying a few, we decided the bag was to absorb some of the grease. They were brown, almost blackened yet still quite greasy. I know they advertise they fry them differently but I'm not sure the overcooked look is the way to go.
My wife was unable to finish her cheeseburger; she said she had never tasted anything quite this bad.
Really sorry we stopped at this place!

• Visited October 2012