“Welcome concept to buffet style”

Gobi Mongolian Grill
Ranked #6 of 192 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: Mongolian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 12, 2013

I enjoyed the experience more than anything. Plenty of choices (maybe too many! I need someone to make decisions for me!) They have a sign to create known noodle dishes on the back wall inconveniently on your way to the bathroom, lol! But yes, many combinations you make yourself with sauces that some worked and others not so much. I stuck mainly with the udon and lo mein noodles with lo mein, Korean BBQ, and teriyaki sauce to play it safe and all was good. I did save room for a plate of pasta marinara with sausage, meatballs, and bacon(had to work it in somehow!)which wasn't too bad. My goal was to make at least three plates (I managed four) smaller portions; ingredients add up fast so I would advise against loading up unless lines at the grille are super long. That being said, they have like 9 marked stations around the circular Mongolian grille where u hand the cooks your plate and watch and salivate. The food unfortunately does get repetitive and sauces begin tasting the same but you can always change things up by getting stir fry and asking for plain white rice which is included. 16 bucks is a little steep for what you get (I didn't waste space with the salad or dessert so can't comment) but it is all you can eat so is comparatively priced.

Reviewed April 5, 2013

Have been here twice and ate too much both times! Good fresh veggies and tons of sauces to put on your stir fry combo. Not sure I would bring the family to an all u can eat Mongolian grill but a fun pace to go with the guys and try several things. A discount on Foursquare is also out there for repeat offenders!! :-)

Reviewed March 22, 2013 via mobile

If you love Oriental food, this is a must for you. I enjoyed the unique flavors so much that I ate here three times during my 10 day visit.

Reviewed March 15, 2013

I have been to the Gobi grill twice and have really enjoyed it each time. They have a very good salad bar to start off, The veggies, noodles, meat and fish selection is also huge. It's fun to watch the grill chef cook your food. Here are a couple of tips: use two plates - one for veggies and noodles and one for your protein (veggies cook down more than you expect). The choose a couple of sauces for the chef to mix, I like Korean Barbecue and Ginger Sesame.

Reviewed January 20, 2013

I love this place, I was first greeted by a very polite man who told us how it worked. Then I was directed to the buffet. It contained great fresh food cooked to perfection while you watch it being cooked. The variety was endless and will satisfy any ones taste buds. First you can sample the salad bar... Then you first choose veggies, then meat or fish (I chose both) and lastly sauce to top it all off. Then you bring it to the grill to be grilled which was very entertaining to watch. And it doesn't stop there...their Green Tea ice-cream for dessert was delish to finish off the experience!