“Great Restaurant”

Dining options: Reservations
Milford, Connecticut
“Great Restaurant”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

Don't let the location fool you, this is a wonderful restaurant. From the excellent service and atmosphere, to the exciting tapas and entrees, this is a first-rate restaurant.

This was our first visit but we are ready to return. Staff were attentive and helpful, the food was served without undue delay, and oh it was so delicious and well-prepared.

I would recommend anything on the menu as our party had a variety of appetizers and main dishes, all of which were excellent.

This is a destination restaurant, worth the drive from anywhere.

• Visited February 2013

Southington, Connecticut
“El Pulpo Rocks!”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

My wife and I had heard good things about this restaurant and decided to check it out. We are glad we did! My wife had Mahi that was a special that night and I had pork dish that was also a special.
Both were superb!
Service was excellent! The staff there is very friendly and go out of their way to make your dining experience with them pleasurable.
Highly recommended!

• Visited January 2013
Vermont
“New Year's Eve”
Reviewed January 23, 2013

Overall other than my New Year's Eve experience this is a fantastic restaurant. My experience keeps me from giving this a 5 star rating.

GREAT FOOD. GREAT ATTENTIVE SERVICE.

A few days before New Year's I called El Pulpo to make a 6 p.m. dinner reservation, No problem, easily done. When we arrived we were seated quickly as there were a number of open tables. We found a fixed price/limited choice menu in front of us. My date is a little finicky on her dinners...not much spice, can't eat shellfish ect....so I was concerned pretty quickly that we may not have enough choice for her to find something off this menu she was comfortable eating. I asked to speak with a manager shortly after being seated and was told this was the only menu, no other choice that evening. This was NEVER explained to us when making our reservation. THIS ISN'T RIGHT. I let my date know, if she wasn't comfortable with the limited choices, we'd leave and find another place to dine. She did agree there was one choice she'd be willing to TRY (never had veal before), so we stayed, and I took the gamble she'd be happy with her meal.

Another couple came in shortly after we were seated and seemed to be having a similar discussion as us. They were not aware for the fixed menu, didn't find enough choices and decided to leave. That told me my reservation experience wasn't unusual, but more like the norm for that evening. A group of 8 came in 20 minutes later, sat, discussed, and also chose to leave. I'm guessing the fixed menu information DIDN'T get to the person who was answering the phone taking reservations.

Anyway the experience wasn't great, but the food was!!!

Everything I ordered and ate was wonderful. My date while hesitant to try some of her choices also did enjoy her dinner at El Pulpo.

We did look at the menu between courses and there seems to be a very nice selection to choose from. We will return to try some of the menu choices that would better meet my date's eating desires.

• Visited December 2012
New Britain, Connecticut
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“This place is incredibly AWESOME!”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

This restaurant is absolutely amazing. The quality of the food is beyond excellent. The presentation is beautiful. This place is owned by two brothers and they know what they are doing. Everything we had was to die for. We've even here more than once so this is not a fluke. Go and support this place! You will not be disappointed.

Southington, Connecticut
“BIG fan!”
Reviewed January 2, 2013

I love coming here the food is outstanding the staff friendly and it has a cozy charm! I have never had a bad meal here and if your also up for trying new things they have plenty to choose from.

Visited December 2012