“Much better the second time”
Review of Zingarella

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Zingarella
Ranked #110 of 190 Restaurants in Southington
Cuisines: Italian
Reviewed March 7, 2014

My wife and I were here last winter and the service was horribly slow, the food was ok and it was so loud we really couldn't converse across the table.

This time we had a narrow window of opportunity to sneak out for a quick dinner before working that evening, so we showed up around 4:20 p.m. There was only one other table, but in the hour and twenty minutes were were there, several new tables came in.

Wednesday night after 4 p.m. has a pasta special of bread, salad and pasta, no meat for $8.95 and Thursday nights have four chicken dishes with bread, salad and a very small side of pasta.

This trip was very good overall. The entire staff seemed quite happy, last time they seemed rude to several customers. The two servers on the floor had lots of side work to do setting up for the night, but they went around to make sure everyone was happy, numerous times.

The salad was fresh, the bread good, but cold, should have been heated somewhat?? Chicken specials were extremely tasty and both of us used the bread to get all the sauce. We also had cheese pizza which was very good. One surprising thing, the wine was $5, last time I thought it was much more, but perhaps they lowered their pricing?? All and all, only the bread was disappointing. We won't wait a year to go back!

1  Thank summerfuninwintersun
There are newer reviews for Zingarella

Reviewed January 12, 2014

My family stopped in to have a quick Sunday afternoon lunch. It took the waitress 20 minutes to take our order, which was a simple pizza. After waiting 45 minutes it came out wrong. She then told us it would only take 8 minutes to make another one. It then took another 20 and was wrong yet again. Not only did she not apologize but was rude. We would never go back again after waiting 1.5 hours for a pizza and never having any. Very disappointing

1  Thank Melrocco
Reviewed December 18, 2013

Was there for late lunch with 2 others. I had a sandwich, which was very good, but dispite the fact that there were not many other diners at this time, the waitress seemed to disappear for long stretches.

1  Thank cacs
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Went on a Sunday night for dinner with friends. Had to wait a while to be seated. They seemed to be a little shot handed, but waitress was extremely pleasant (Jill). And took care of us as soon as she could. We all had grinders and the salad for 4. I didn't care for the meatballs in my sandwich, but the diners who had the eggplant parm sub ( not on the menu, but they will make it for you)and the sausage and pepper subs reported them to be very good. Nice outdoor dining right near the linear walking trail. I wish they would get their ice cream shop open! Have been here before and will be back again.

1  Thank cacs
Reviewed July 31, 2013

My mother and I tried Zingarella's when it first opened and it was fabulous. The veal meatball appetizer reminded me of my grandmother's meatballs, full of taste of the fresh veal, cooked correctly, just perfect. The pizza was wonderful and I had some risotto dishes that were out of this world. As time has gone on, I've been more and more disappointed. The meatballs were more of the filler than the meat, the pizza was greasy, and the last time my husband ordered the risotto, it was so full of grease it was disgusting. The waitress and the manager were very apologetic, so we may try again, but that may be the last time.

1  Thank Eleana T