“Close to I84, clean, but walls are thin”

Residence Inn Southington
Ranked #2 of 8 Hotels in Southington
Reviewed November 22, 2012

I love these hotels that are like apartments. Friendly staff and right off I84. Very clean and up to date. Included breakfast is great ... Including hot breakfast. Only downside are thin walls. I could hear the people in the adjacent room and you can hear conversations as you walk through the hallways.

Room Tip: High and low room numbers are further from the elevator and have convenient stairs nearby.
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled solo

Reviewed October 28, 2012

The front desk agent was courteous and informative. She addess all of our needs immediately and with a smile. We were the for the Halloweenevent at Lake Compunce on 10/28/12 she and was a great help with my kids costume malfunctions. The indoor pool was fine but the hot tub had too much chlorine. Breakfast was good you had continental and hot breakfast . rooms were clean already have plans to visit again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank brenda r
Reviewed October 15, 2012

In the past few months, we've stayed in many Connecticut hotels. So far, this Residence Inn (along with the much more expensive Marriott Mystic resort) was about the best of the lot. Everything was as it should be. The room was clean. The staff was polite. Breakfast was reasonable. Wifi speeds were acceptable. We had no issues with highway noise as some others have mentioned. Overall, a very good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Southington, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2012

Dear Rick_S_NJ:
Thank you for writing a review on your recent experience at our hotel! I'm thrilled to read you were pleased with our accommodations, services, our Staff and that you are also a Marriott fan! I hope you will come back to visit us the next time you are in Connecticut; and please feel free to stop by and say hi!

Kristen Pikula

Reviewed October 15, 2012 via mobile

My family and I went to Lake Compounce for the weekend. This was by far the best hotel I've stayed at. The service was amazing, the room was so clean, and the breakfast the next morning was to die for. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone that is traveling I give this place 5 stars!

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed September 4, 2012

My family of four had a one night stay here a week ago and we had mixed experiences.
The food worked out great as the pizza shop next door had a wide variety of very good and reasonably priced food for dinner. The hotel breakfast was also excellent with plenty of tasty options for everyone.

The suites were rather small to our standards and the bed in the one bedroom was diminutive and full of motion transfer which led to a horrible sleep! The kids slept fine on the pull out sofa.
We had a view of a basketball court, whooptie do!.

The staff was quite friendly and the proximity to Lake Compounce was a plus.
The indoor pool was too small and overly chlorinated.

Again for every plus there is a minus but there are not a lot of other options in that area.
Good Luck!

Room Tip: If your lucky and staying when occupancy is low, ask to be upgraded to a 2 bedroom. We did not have...
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
whgecomm, General Manager at Residence Inn Southington, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2012

Dear David H:
Thank you for writing a review on your recent stay at the Residence Inn by Marriott - Southington, CT. I am pleased to learn you found our location convenient to Lake Compounce. I am also happy to read you were able to enjoy our breakfast buffet and found our Staff to be friendly and helpful.

I appreciate all feedback from our Tripadvisor community and will be sharing your comments with our Team as well. If you are ever in the Southington area again, I hope you will visit us again.

Kristen Pikula

Reviewed August 2, 2012

Everything about this hotel was nice, upgraded room, good breakfast, clean rooms. Only down side was the highway noise. i had a terrible sleep maybe it was just a bad night for me but I have stayed in lots of hotels and this one was the tops for highway noise.

Room Tip: away from the highway side
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed July 29, 2012

Nice hotel. Clean room. Nice suite. Disappointed hot tub out of service all weekend. Pool was nice.
Can walk over to Dunkin, Subway, pizza restaurant which was nice. Near amusement park.

Would stay again

Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southington
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington
DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel Bristol, Connecticut
Comfort Suites Southington - Cheshire
Fairfield Inn & Suites Plainville
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
#1 of 8 in Waterbury
Hampton Inn & Suites Hartford/Farmington

Been to Residence Inn Southington? Share your experiences!