“not too shabby”

Add it.
K. Gee's Gourmet Burgers & Beers
“not too shabby”
Reviewed October 11, 2011

went to this establishment two times in the past week with family and friends. menu is basic. burgers, dogs, salads and sandwiches. a few fried options and of course, appetizers. One night we went, it was packed, one night empty. i had a grilled chicken sandwich both times and it was delicious. the burger that my dad had was good too according to him. the french fries were YUMMY!! shoestring cut. cooked and salted perfectly! the other sides left something to be desired. next time i go, i'm going to try out a salad!

• Visited October 2011

Southbury, Connecticut
“Could be a much better place”
Reviewed September 25, 2011

First off the burgers are huge but they are absolutely not fresh. The cheddar stuffed burger was lightly stuffed at best and a bit too greasy. I've tried this place twice and each time was told the little Italy burger was sold out? How could that be if everything is made to order? Fries were better than the burger.

I'm not going to make a wise crack joke about a ghetto waitresses but ours always seemed to be checking herself out in the mirror by the bar. Is that really a big deal?

they really need someone to re-decorate. The colors don't work well and the layout looks more like a fast food cafeteria than anything, especially with the stupid toy coin-machine by the door. Also lots of wasted space (not talking about the back)

The bar looks pretty neat, couple big screen TV's decent selection of liquor. Draft choices seemed limited. Might check out the bar one night to see how that atmosphere is.

The prices are bit up there for the place for the quality. There are so many better places in town, especially with a new burger joint opening by the drive-in, TD's, and Sliders (much better places)

• Visited August 2011
“Something new and different”
Reviewed September 21, 2011

I've bein there a couple of times and the food and service was great. My wife dosen't eat hamburgers, but she took the shot and ordered one and loved it.
Downtown southington needed something different, since we really don't have a main burger place down there. It's a different atmosphere, very welcoming.
The deals, .25cent wings, $1 beer on Wednesdays and the new a pitcher of lite beer and wings for $10 on Sundays.
The menu had a variety, they've switched.it up since when they first opened and everything is now more worth the money.
I would recommend if your up for homemade recipes, and different kind of burgers

Southington, Connecticut
“if your looking for the worst food ever....”
Reviewed August 20, 2011

Not worthy for dogs!! If your looking for a 10$ burnt,tasteless tiny piece of meat with a stale bun then its your place...If you want getto busted waitresses with there junk hanging out then this is your place.....if you want the owner with sweat dripping off of him delivering your food then this is your place......... A waste of a perfectly good rental spot in southington.... too many good places to go to...this is not one of them...

• Visited August 2011
“AWFUL”
Reviewed August 11, 2011

Awful food, awful service. We were the only people in the restaurant and it still took the waitress almost 10 minutes to take our drink order. I asked for a Tanqueray and tonic and was told they didn't have Tanqueray so I ordered a Bombay Saphire and tonic and was told they didn't have that either (despite the fact I could see the bottle sitting behind the bar) so I just had a water. My wife ordered a key lime martini and there was a half inch of dirt and crud in the bottom of the glass. When my wife ordered a turkey burger she was asked by the dopey waitress how she wanted cooked. It took about 30 minutes for our food to come out and it was fair at best (it was also cold). While we were waiting a couple came in and informed the waitress they would be eating outside, after 20 minutes the waitress still hadn't gone out to serve them so they came in and told the waitress they were leaving. The look on her face suggested she totally forgot they were there (keep in mind they were the only other people in the restaurant aside from my wife and I). I complained about the service, food and drinks to the waitress but the reaction I got was "What do you want me to about it?". At that point I decided to pay the $45 bill (for two burgers and one alcoholic drink) and leave. If you come to downtown Southington (and by some miracle this place is still open) just walk right on by and go someplace else to eat.

• Visited June 2011