“Ouch... big disappointment.”

Cuisines: Southwestern
Hartford, Connecticut
“Ouch... big disappointment.”
Reviewed February 14, 2011

Probably just growing pains but some great disappointment for Southington's newest restaurant.

Having just tried a Moe's in West Hartford a few days ago, I was very enthusiastic about the new Southington location so I decided to give it a try for their carry-out.

I ordered their salad and found the personnel behind the counter to be trying very hard to get it all right by even reading the instructions as she prepared it. When she got it all together, I was pretty happy with the final product... and then the problems began. When she had difficulty figuring out how to fit the salad entree into the carry-out container, she asked the manager for assistance; he came over and showed her what to do... by forcing the lid down on the salad, crushing the salad. When I pointed out my salad had been crushed,.. his reply was "it all tastes the same anyway",

When I got home with the salad, I realized their offer of "free chips and salsa with every order" was not included in my package. I called the restaurant and spoke with the same manager who explained that the free chips were only included with order when "customers specifically requested them". As he said, "we'd go broke if we gave them to everyone who came in".

Well so much for Moe's. Fortunately, Southington has a number of other Tex-Mex eating establishments.

• Visited February 2011