“Much improved”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed January 14, 2012

This was our 3rd visit to the luncheon buffet and there was a decided improvement over our last experience. Though no lamb or goat dishes are offered and the naan continues to be put out on the buffet table, the temperature of the food was much better (hotter) and the chicken more tender.

Our timing was good as our server was just bringing naan out and dropped a basket fresh from the oven off at our table. I was able to taste test all 4 chicken (chili, tika masala, curry and tandori) dishes that were offered and felt the chili chicken was the best though YMMV. All of the vegetarian dishes continue to excel as does the assortment of pickles and chutneys. The desert offering today was gaja halwa which was very good. Business on this Friday afternoon was brisk and the service continues to be excellent. Overall, I feel the luncheon buffet represents the better dining option for lunch in this part of town.

Reviewed December 6, 2011

There were a total of 4 people at the luncheon buffet on a dreary Tuesday at approximately noon. Our waiter attempted to seat us at a table for two, but I requested a larger table which he accommodated. We started off with papadum and the usual mint and tamarind chutneys. I tried Tandori chicken, chicken curry, chili chicken and chicken tika masala. Does anyone denote a pattern? Yes, there was no goat or lamb. The vegetable dishes were perhaps the highlights with kudos extended to the dal makhani and vegetable curry. All food on the steam table was barely above room temperature in an effort, I would guess, to avoid having dried out due to the limited turnover. Since our last visit a little over 2 months ago, the price of the buffet has increased $1 to $9.95.

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have been there several times. The quality and quantity are great. The prices have gone up 30-40% in the last four months as the crowds have increased. Dishes that were $10-$12 are now $14-$20. We get Groupons and other discounts frequently. They now have a liquor permit too.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had the luncheon buffet and were surprised by the size (large) buffet table. The overall quality was pretty high, but let me start with the negatives. First, naan does not fare well on a steam table. The owners should take a page from Indigo India Bistro (Manchester) and Ustav (Vernon) and serve it directly from the kitchen.
A second problem was variety. There was a very limited (2) selection of vegetarian dishes. Excluding a cucumber salad and onion bhajis, there was little to attract a vegetarian. We counted only one dish with potatoes (raja aloo) and tadka dal.
Lastly, there were too many dishes dishes featuring chicken, but none with either goat or the more common lamb (mutton).

Notwithstanding the above comments, our overall impression was very positive and we will put Namaste on our regular rotation. The price was reasonable, soup was included and they do not skimp on the meat. Every dish was well executed and they replaced items quickly. I took their brochure with me and dinner prices are most reasonable.

1  Thank westie2
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Always wary about trying a new restaurant, especially an ethnic place because I'm not an aficionado on all ethnic foods (though I do like most of them). We went to this place because we had a Groupon. I would definitely go back though, even with no discount. Their prices are reasonable. Even their wine prices didn't break the bank ($5 or $6= not too bad).
They were very polite and seated us promptly. Took our drink order and came back quickly. My husband ended up with the fish tikka masala and I ordered the chicken the same way. What can we say? We LOVE Tikka Masala but not all Tikka Masala is created equal. We also ordered some Indian Bread (Naan) with green chiles for an add'l $2.95. Meals ame im a timely manner really hot and fresh (especially the naan) and we'd ordered it moderatly spicy. It was the best Tikka masala we've ever eaten. Would definitely like to go back and try the Vindaloo or some of their other items as their menu is pretty broad.