“Buffet lacks diversity”

Cuisines: Indian
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations
Reviewed December 6, 2011

There were a total of 4 people at the luncheon buffet on a dreary Tuesday at approximately noon. Our waiter attempted to seat us at a table for two, but I requested a larger table which he accommodated. We started off with papadum and the usual mint and tamarind chutneys. I tried Tandori chicken, chicken curry, chili chicken and chicken tika masala. Does anyone denote a pattern? Yes, there was no goat or lamb. The vegetable dishes were perhaps the highlights with kudos extended to the dal makhani and vegetable curry. All food on the steam table was barely above room temperature in an effort, I would guess, to avoid having dried out due to the limited turnover. Since our last visit a little over 2 months ago, the price of the buffet has increased $1 to $9.95.

There are newer reviews for Namaste India

Reviewed October 31, 2011

We have been there several times. The quality and quantity are great. The prices have gone up 30-40% in the last four months as the crowds have increased. Dishes that were $10-$12 are now $14-$20. We get Groupons and other discounts frequently. They now have a liquor permit too.

Reviewed September 30, 2011

We had the luncheon buffet and were surprised by the size (large) buffet table. The overall quality was pretty high, but let me start with the negatives. First, naan does not fare well on a steam table. The owners should take a page from Indigo India Bistro (Manchester) and Ustav (Vernon) and serve it directly from the kitchen.
A second problem was variety. There was a very limited (2) selection of vegetarian dishes. Excluding a cucumber salad and onion bhajis, there was little to attract a vegetarian. We counted only one dish with potatoes (raja aloo) and tadka dal.
Lastly, there were too many dishes dishes featuring chicken, but none with either goat or the more common lamb (mutton).

Notwithstanding the above comments, our overall impression was very positive and we will put Namaste on our regular rotation. The price was reasonable, soup was included and they do not skimp on the meat. Every dish was well executed and they replaced items quickly. I took their brochure with me and dinner prices are most reasonable.

1  Thank westie2
Reviewed September 25, 2011

Always wary about trying a new restaurant, especially an ethnic place because I'm not an aficionado on all ethnic foods (though I do like most of them). We went to this place because we had a Groupon. I would definitely go back though, even with no discount. Their prices are reasonable. Even their wine prices didn't break the bank ($5 or $6= not too bad).
They were very polite and seated us promptly. Took our drink order and came back quickly. My husband ended up with the fish tikka masala and I ordered the chicken the same way. What can we say? We LOVE Tikka Masala but not all Tikka Masala is created equal. We also ordered some Indian Bread (Naan) with green chiles for an add'l $2.95. Meals ame im a timely manner really hot and fresh (especially the naan) and we'd ordered it moderatly spicy. It was the best Tikka masala we've ever eaten. Would definitely like to go back and try the Vindaloo or some of their other items as their menu is pretty broad.

Reviewed August 24, 2011

Just had lunch Namaste and food was excellent! Atmosphere very nice and clean... In fact, one of the nicest Indian restaurants I've eaten at in a long time. Well worth the visit.