“Nice relaxing dinner at Bonterras.”
Review of Bonterra Italian Bistro - CLOSED

Bonterra Italian Bistro
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed April 29, 2013 via mobile

My wife and I dined at Bonterras last Saturday night and enjoyed terrific meals with excellent service at the bar. Our two bartenders who waited on us; Ryan and Greg were outstanding. Very at tentative and talkative which made our experience that much better. Looking forward to returning.

Reviewed April 14, 2013 via mobile

This place had been a local favorite for many years. I returned last night after almost a year and was saddened to see a small crowd for a Saturday night, new menu and completely different staff/service. This place was once owned by the same owners of the nearby indisputable successful restaurant Anthony Jacks. What disturbed me the most was the female owners attitude making it very clear she owned the place and at about 8:30 walked around with a large set of keys to make it known she was locking up. This attitude transcended to one server who wasn't even our waitress (our waitress was nice) but kept coming over interruption our large table to pick up more things on the table like salt, pepper, etc and we thought that was really rude and that cleanup besides dishes, could have been done after we left. At that point we realized we were one only 2 tables left and that we were clearly being pushed out. Lastly someone was def smoking cigarettes from the kitchen and we were happy to leave. I will not be returning unless I know for a fact things have changed.

1  Thank jrtfoodie
Reviewed April 8, 2013

I have dined at Bonterra on several occasions for both lunch and dinner, with larger groups and for small intimate dinners. Most of my experiences there have been very positive and I will go back. The service has consistently been good and I have always enjoyed the ambience. It have earned that certain dishes are just not prepared as well as others. There are some tasty "stand-bys" (butternut squash ravioli and blackened scallops) but some not so palatable ones (namely the steak).

Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I went for a new Italian experience. The setting was great, not overly crowded and stuffy with a great atmosphere. The food was excellently prepared. I ordered the veal Saltimbuco which was wonderfully prepared. My son's Filet Mignon was correctly cooked but not the top of the line for Filets (yes, I have better and have had worse, so this ranks in the middle) My wife's salmon was perfectly prepared.
The service was phenomenal and our server went above and beyond
A great little Italian gem

Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great place to eat, they have a wide variety of offerings and the restaurant is very cozy. The lunch prices are great so its a good time to go. The food was good and appetizers are very yummy! Try the garlic bread with gorgonzola fondue! I will definately return.