“Excellent Italian Food at a quiet setting” 5 of 5 bubbles

Bonterra Italian Bistro
Good for: Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff
New York City, New York
“Excellent Italian Food at a quiet setting”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

My family and I went for a new Italian experience. The setting was great, not overly crowded and stuffy with a great atmosphere. The food was excellently prepared. I ordered the veal Saltimbuco which was wonderfully prepared. My son's Filet Mignon was correctly cooked but not the top of the line for Filets (yes, I have better and have had worse, so this ranks in the middle) My wife's salmon was perfectly prepared.
The service was phenomenal and our server went above and beyond
A great little Italian gem

• Visited April 2013

Berlin, Connecticut
“Good food, cozy”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

Great place to eat, they have a wide variety of offerings and the restaurant is very cozy. The lunch prices are great so its a good time to go. The food was good and appetizers are very yummy! Try the garlic bread with gorgonzola fondue! I will definately return.

• Visited March 2013
Southington, Connecticut, United States
“Outstanding improvement”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 23, 2013

I went to Bon Terra a couple years back when they first opened...I was not impressed...but what a difference today I went last night with my wife and had one of the best dinners I had in a long time. I had the Ciappino...it was outstanding, and the apple fritter dessert is something that would make me go out just for dessert. I highly reccomend giving Bon Terra another try...outstanding

• Visited March 2013
Bloomfield, New Jersey
“The food horrible & the chocolate cake was dry!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 6, 2013

My sister & brother-in-law treated us while visiting them. At least the company was good!
The service was not the best. The wait time was extremely long to get the food. The appetizer's were not the best. The salads were bland. We got four different dishes and needless to say they all failed our expectations. Finally my sister and I were having the chocolate cake. It was the driest, distasteful cake we had. Personally I would never go back again.

• Visited February 2013
“Valentines weekend”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 17, 2013

My girlfriend and I went last night for dinner. We had reservations at 7 and were seated just after. Our server greeted us with a smile and gave us great service the whole night, checking on us multiple times throughout the night. The food was great. I had the white bean soup and bolognese with house made pappardelle. My girlfriend got butternut squash ravioli ( which were outstanding ) and the short ribs over pappardelle. We threw in a bottle of Italian wine and the special chocolate cake with some coffees. The only thing I can say was less than awesome was that the cake was slightly dry. Other than that it was a great night out and better food than I have had on any other valentines weekend in the past. The best part is we both had a lot of leftovers for lunch today.