“Nice place.” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Southbury
Ohio
“Nice place.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 8, 2009

I didn't really research hotels prior to this trip. This one was suggested for us by the bride of the wedding we were attending. The bride made a good suggestion. I have no complaints. Very clean and comfortable. Conveniently close to a freeway. Small shopping center nearby (with grocery, etc).

• Stayed October 2008, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (49)
Boston
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2009

There were DOGS all over the hotel and it completely ruined our trip. The dogs and RV’s outside of the hotel should have been an indication for us. The dogs were all over the hotel. It smelled like dogs and there was dog hair all over the carpet. I took a walk down to the grand ball room only to find a mess. I cannot image the future brides and grooms that will hold their weddings in the same space. They should have disclosed the dog show to us when we made our reservations. I will never stay in a Crowne Plaza again. As a person with allergies I was extremely frustrated.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled as a couple
2 Thank GolfTraveler19

Travelers are raving about these Southbury hotels

Texas
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 7, 2009

Their renovation makes the hotel look nice. However, you can tell that in certain areas, quality was not an important point... Doors to rooms and doors to stairwells would be better quality for a quality hotel... My door didn't even fit properly to allow me to use the deadbolt. Rooms with even numbers are facing the highway which is rather noisy.

Since I am not much into sausage, eggs, etc., breakfasts are not appealing at all. Even one of my favorite breakfast items waffles taste dry and unappetizing. Even though I get complimentary breakfasts, I've now decided it's not worth going down there. There's not a great selection.

Exercise room is only open until 10 pm but that's probably fairly common in many hotels.

But for me, worst of all is that they do not allow external video source into the TVs. According to maintenance, they've "disabled" external inputs into the TVs to prevent people from plugging in their own video game consoles, so they would have to use the hotels. However, I just want to watch movies I brought on a big screen instead of my computer... I sort of doubt I will be staying here for future business trips.

Also, actually worse, the high speed Internet is questionable and actually it failed on the last trip and failed for me on this trip. I'm now using my phone's tethering capabilities to write this review.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank jimrin
Vergennes, Vermont
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2009

We spent two nights at this hotel. The place was empty. The desk clerk told us the pool was cold - 74 degrees she said. We selected this hotel because they had an indoor pool. Well - the pool was much colder than 74 degrees. It reminded me of Cape Cod waters in late spring - when the water temperature is around 58 degrees. They could not or would not warm up the pool. I believe they were trying to save on operating expenses. We will not stay there again. On the plus side, breakfast was quite pleasant. We felt like we had our own private dining staff. Given the few people staying there, we almost did have our own personalized staff. How they will stay in business is beyond me.

• Stayed March 2009, traveled with family
NYC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 8, 2009

I chose Crowne Plaza for previous reviews and the pet friendly policy. I was expecting less then stellar customer support from front desk, as usually the case w/ pet friendly lodging, but I was warmingly welcomed by the best front desk personnal I've ever encountered! Everyone was impecible, personable, and down right welcoming! I entered a beautiful lobby /w an indoor waterfall, a restaurant w/ reasonably priced dinners, and comfy leather chairs to relax on. My pet friendly room: on the 1st floor(easy access to the outdoors for our furry family member's) was a medium sized room with 2 doubles, modern bathroom w/ full tub and all amenties. What awed me was the floor to ceiling windows! They included a window that partially opened and light blocking drapes with provided clips to further enhance the darkness one might need. The beds were posterpedic(sp?) w/ feather comforters and pillows...but I wouldn't doubt that those w/ allergies would recieve hypoallergic bedding...these people are all about YOUR comfort! On the bed was a satin bag w/ an eyemask, earplugs, lavender linen spray and a note stating that if any more is needed, just ask. On the nightstand was a radio/alarm clock/mp3 player/cd player and a white noise player. Also, included was a mediational cd designed for falling asleep. If one still can't fall asleep to all mentioned, a nice sized(20 something inch) flat screen tv w/cable is available! Breakfast buffet is available at reasonable prices and greatly priced, 3 course dinners available at about 20 buck pp. BTW, never had the chance to do this but they provide a reputable, outside spa service that will come directly to you room until 10pm for facials, manis/pedis massages, etc.

• Liked — We all slept soundly
  • Disliked — didn't want to leave!
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled with family
1 Thank MehLS
Palm Beach Gardens, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 14, 2008

We booked 2 nights at the Crown Plaza in Southbury, Ct and we were traveling w/ our dog. There was a $25.00 fee for your pet but the room was spotless, customer service was wonderful and they are over the top pet friendly. We asked if we ordered dinner from the restaurant as take out could we eat in the lobby as we had the dog w/ us, they not only said yes they served us dinner in the lobby. Way to go!! The waitstaff was excellent. There is a nice area on the side of the hotel to walk our dog, plus there is a school across the street to take your dog for some excersise. It's right off the highway and a mini store/gas station is next to the hotel. Hotel has a nice indoor pool and the hotel was very quiet.

• Liked — Over the top Pet Friendly
  • Disliked — A/C did not go below 66 degrees (have large dog w/ a big coat of hair)
  • Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
New York City, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 1, 2008

Hotel seems to have been fully renovated. Rooms were very nice. We had a large room with a King size bed and a huge sitting area. Carpets and beds were brand new. Only complaint is that the bathrooms were not fully renovated. the tub was old with cracks and peeling paint. Seems like they spent millions on the renovations, they should have done the bathrooms. I would stay again at this great hotel.

• Stayed May 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Also consider these accommodations in or near Southbury
Hampton Inn Waterbury
Litchfield Inn
Litchfield Inn
#1 of 1 in Litchfield
Homewood Suites by Hilton Southington

Been to Wyndham Southbury? Share your experiences!