The Cornucopia at Oldfield Bed & Breakfast
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation but we can search other options in Southbury
See available hotels
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
View Hotel
See what travelers are saying:
Reviewed January 5, 2008

What a lovely B&B in Connecticut! We stayed in the Admiral Aston suite. The fireplace was perfect for a chilly winter day! The room is beautifully decorated, and is located in a very quiet area within the house. The room has a private porch, a king size bed and a sitting area. The bathroom is gorgeous! The innkeepers are wonderful. The breakfast is delicious. No detail is unnoticed- movies, wine, help with your bags, nice conversation... The house is immaculate with a delightful and soothing decor. All in all, it was an unforgettable experience.

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
2  Thank IYM1104
Reviewed January 1, 2008

We recommend the Cornucopia very highly. The facility is charming and maintained to the highest standards. All the amenities one would expect are available--dreamy beds, thoughtful accoutrements, and tasteful furnishings. The innkeepers, Ed and Christine are friendly and helpful as well as respectful of privacy. We will definitely be back next time we need some R&R and a chance to reconnect.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank pathamlaw
Reviewed August 6, 2007

I must recommend the Cornucopia B&B in Southbury, CT!! From the moment that I exited the bumper-to-bumper traffic off of I-84 and arrived at the Edelson's home, I was transported to a simpler time and place. Ed was sealing the driveway when I pulled in. He greeted me with a big smile as if I was an old friend. As he took my little bag and led me through the front gate past his very pretty garden, I spotted a bright butterfly. A tall sunflower stood guard there, bowing. I could almost hear him whisper, “welcome, my lady”.

The Edelsons are charming and gracious hosts and our room was impeccable (the bed & sheets were heavenly!!). The historical colonial home is meticulously kept, but cozy and relaxing. We enjoyed delicious blueberry pancakes that Christine made herself and chatted with our fellow guests before heading out to look at the local antique shops. We ate at two excellent local restaurants, as well: The Good News Cafe & John's Cafe.

Located just 2 ½ hours from Boston and 3 hours from Philly, the Cornucopia B&B is an ideal weekend getaway for Northeasterners, but I would recommend this Bed & Breakfast to everyone near and far! (The next time I stay there, I plan to go horseback riding at a local farm ;->)

• Stayed: August 2007, traveled as a couple
2  Thank TepetaPMP
Reviewed July 3, 2007

Loved our stay at the Cornucopia! Christine and Ed were excellent hosts, gave us great tips on local tourist attractions and a restaurant. Clean bedrooms with great view from the 3rd floor. Very historic B&B, Ed gave us a detailed overview of the history. Wonderful breakfast, blueberry pancakes with Vermont maple syrup, Yummy! Thanks for a wonderful experience. Would definitely recommend to others and we hope to return some day.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank Willy100
Reviewed April 2, 2007

We stayed at this B & B and we just loved it. The innkeeper was so sweet and the fact that he gave us a nice tour of the house upon our arrival was very welcoming. The well water that was provided in our room was very tasty as well. The rooms were nicely decorated and breakfast was excellent. We will be recommending this B and B to a lot of our friends who will be visiting in the area.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled on business