“fresh and excellent”

Cuisines: Thai
Charlottetown, PEI
“fresh and excellent”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

fairly new to this market area (only 5 months) but sure to be a long time favourite! excellent selection of dishes in all heat levels, delicious crisp ingredients and the fresh rolls.....! if you are in the area or passing through on the highway as i was, take the time to stop for a fabulous meal here.

• Visited May 2014

Woodbury, Connecticut
“Great food. BYOB”
Reviewed April 18, 2014

This was our first trip. We love spicy food. It is even better when the spice does not overwhelm.
We had appetizers - edamame was nice and fresh tasting; Thai Wings were generous with good, sweet sauce. but fried a a bit oily for my taste. Some would disagree.
The steamed trout with chili sauce was exceptional. Limey and spicy and delicious. A very nice fresh whole fish (there are bones, so eat accordingly) and exceptional flavors that were new to me. I loved it and will definitely be back for more.
The place is small and it is BYOB, which they will gladly serve you. Waitstaff was still learning, but they were very friendly and did a nice job. The decor is tasteful and friendly, but not elegant. Very good food. A welcome addition to the town!
We will definitely be back.

• Visited April 2014
Southbury, Connecticut
“I Can't Believe It Took Me So Long to Find This!”
Reviewed April 15, 2014

I was driving on South Main Street the other day and almost came to a screeching halt. The small signboard at the edge of the street caught my eye. Until now I have had to drive a distance to get my Thai food fix. I was afraid it wouldn't measure up to my favorite place, Bangkok in Danbury. Not to worry, the food was outstanding. I was there for lunch. The wait staff were attentive and pleasant. The food was wonderfully prepared and the plating and presentation were beautiful. I had the hot and sour soup (tom yum) and the hot basil chicken - extra spicy. They were different from but at least as good as what I get in Danbury. The tom yum was made with coconut milk, chili oil, and had several shrimp in it - superb in its own right. The bowl was set on a large oblong platter along with three spring rolls and dipping sauce. The hot basil chicken was exceptional, and didn't really need to be made extra spicy, even for me, a spice lover. My eyes were tearing and my nose running with the spice. Fabulous! The lunch dining room was attractive, pleasant and relatively quiet though the room was crowded with diners. I can't wait to go back for the papaya salad and to try everything else on the menu.

• Visited April 2014
Connecticut
“Thai finally comes to Southbury!”
Reviewed March 4, 2014

I was SO SO excited to learn that a Thai restaurant had finally found its way to Southbury! My husband and I went for lunch at first, just praying that our expectations wouldn't be dashed and the place would be lousy.
Suffice to say, our expectations were BLOWN OUT of the water! I came back from out dee-LISH lunch, served by the cutest, most genuine young kid (well, 20-something kid), and blabbed all over FB about them.
If you are having dinner on a weekend evening, MAKE A RESERVATION. The dining room is relatively small, until they open the back room, anyway, and when we went they were still waiting for their liquor license, but you could BYO and they provide glassware, uncorking, etc.
RUN, do not walk, to Samui!!!

Visited July 2013
1 Thank harmonygirl
ct
“Excellent Thai”
Reviewed February 2, 2014 via mobile

Small place very nice. Fresh very well prepared Thai dishes about as good as any in the state. Friendly service. Very busy on the weekends so go early.

1 Thank vonrall