“Unexpected Great Experience”

Ranked #24 of 47 Restaurants in Southbury
Merritt Island, Florida
“Unexpected Great Experience”
Reviewed April 3, 2014

Saw this small no frills looking storefront when visiting relatives in Southbury in March. Stopped in to grab a menu and take a glance at the place. the place doesn't look like much at all, and usually that can be the best kind of place! when I walked in I was greeted immediately, took the menu asked some questions and began to exit. Upon exiting the pizza maker commented they hoped to see me later and they deliver too if needed.
Later I decided to call in to go-and I ordered a small pizza and broccolli rabe. When I went to pick up the joint was very busy with deliveries and cooking, yet they still greeted me with enthusiasm, grabbed my order, confirmed my order before I left and to my surprise the same pizza maker looked up from the grill and thanked me for coming back! GREAT SERVICE
Now for the food! the pizza had to be the best I have ever had and I am married to and was visiting Italians. It was loaded with the toppings I asked for, usually you have to search for your toppings. I loved the variances of the different styles offered and the other menu items were so diverse it was hard not to pick many more. The broccoli rabe they added garlic for me and it was excellent as well.
I cannot wait to go back for our summer visit just to revisit this "no frills" delicious restaurant that actually delivers the message that you are an important customer and serves delicious food.
When I went to our relatives home I told them I found this place and they said it was the best they ever had too and asked me not to tell anyone about their local secret....Too Bad!!

• Visited March 2014

Southbury, Connecticut, United States
“The best pizza in town”
Reviewed September 3, 2013

I never considered greek pizza as good as italian but these guys have turned that all around. Must be the wood fired oven. They also make great Greek specialties and massive burgers big enough to share.

Visited August 2013
Morrisville, NC
“Good pizza”
Reviewed June 2, 2013

So I'm a pizza snob. I have managed to perfect my own pizza's at home with a iron chef sauce, homemade dough and fired on my Weber grill at 550 degrees; and so when I eat pizza out, I have high expectations. First off, I read about the inconsistent delivery times, but incredibly good pizza. So I decided to visit them and pick it up myself. First off, the staff was friendly and there were plenty of smiles to go around. Quite a few people were popping in and eating in and so that's always a plus. Second, I always order my pizza's with light cheese--these are one of the restaurants that actually listened and remembered. The pizza was very tasty. It was cooked perfectly and not soggy in the middle or burnt at the edge. It was perfect with a good full bodied Cab--or IPA beer. It was so good, that I went back in the same week. Thumbs up. Good price too. I'm planning on going back to Southbury in late June. Mad Greek will be on my list. BTW: the pizza joint was recommended by one of the Crowne Plaza front desk staff.

• Visited May 2013