“Look carefully at your check”
Review of Sake

Sake
Ranked #18 of 46 Restaurants in Southbury
Cuisines: Thai
Watertown
“Look carefully at your check”
Reviewed August 3, 2014

We had a great meal. No doubt about that. But there were 5 adults and a BABY - and the server banged us for the 18% immediate add-on to the check and conveniently didn't mention it. An infant makes it a party of 6? You've got to be kidding! If I hadn't looked carefully at the check we would have ended up tipping almost 40% since we typically tip 20% anyway. That's almost immoral behavior on the part of the server. You expect in some restaurants for them to include the tip on larger partieis - but a BABY sucking on a bottle? Come ON.

• Visited August 2014

Southbury, Connecticut
“Amazing place for Sushi”
Reviewed June 11, 2014

Location: They are located right in the middle of down town Southbury, across from the Green. This is a beautiful town street lined with "gas lite" street lamps. Great for a walk before or after dinner.

Atmosphere: Exceptionally clean and beautiful decor. I have owned restaurants so I always look for a "clean" restaurant. They do a great job of keeping it up.

Customer Service: I was greeted when I walked in. The server was very pleasant and was attentive to our group during our stay. They were well groomed and clean.

Price: Very reasonable price points. They have great lunch specials if you are there for lunch.

Food: My food (Teriyaki chicken, medly or veggies and brown rice) was very good. The group I was with, who are Sushi snobs, said the Sushi was AMAZING. I don't eat Sushi but I trust them. They said that it was extremely fresh.

Overall - will continue to go back but now I will take all my friends that like Sushi.

There is also a small outdoor seating area.

Keep up the good work!

• Visited June 2014
Danbury, Connecticut
“The second time was as great as the first”
Reviewed April 13, 2014 via mobile

My wife and I ate at Sake for the first time for a couple of months ago. We were very impressed then. We were passing through the area again today so decided to stop by once more.

The food was superb and the service was excellent. I highly recommend Sake.

Alexandria, Virginia
“Unbelievably good, tucked away in a Shopping Mall”
Reviewed November 4, 2013

I know this sounds weird, and here we were in the middle of Connecticut, but our friends took us there for dinner and it was the BEST Japanese restaurant I have ever eaten in. The sushi was divine--so fresh. Our table ordered everything, and liked the Beef with XO sauce, the Duck with pancakes, just everything was really great.
Warm, exceptional service. You will not be disappointed. Even non sushi lovers have a wide menu to choose from.
Just go. Trust me.

• Visited October 2013
Oxford, Connecticut
“Great Sushi”
Reviewed April 26, 2013

Sake has a cool vibe and if you enjoy sushi the crunchy spicy tuna is amazing! The service is great and always very quick....We have one with friends several times and always have a good meal....If you don't like sushi they have alot to offer, so you won't be disappointed...

• Visited March 2013