“Not Bad If You're In A Hurry”
Review of Empire Szechuan - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Empire Szechuan
Cuisines: Chinese
Queenstown, New Zealand
“Not Bad If You're In A Hurry”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Had lunch here on September 19th, 2012 while we were headed to Boston. Nicely appointed restaurant in a new building. Very modern atmosphere. Service was attentive and the prices good. My wife and I paid $8 each for lunch. I had the Chicken Curry and my wife ate Lo Mein.

The food was cooked perfectly and was presented well but, surprisingly, it lacked any meaningful flavor. The curry needed spice badly and the Lo Mein was just flat out bland. The portions were generous and came with choice of brown or white rice and soup. Egg drop or Won Ton.

If the chef gave the food a little push in the kitchen they could have a real winner here. The atmosphere and service are, as I said before, very good.

• Visited September 2012