“What a gem!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Good for: Families with children, Bar scene
Winsted, Connecticut
“What a gem!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 9, 2013

With a casual setting, this restaurant is one of the cutest I've come across. The service was so friendly and helpful. My family and I spent the whole meal admiring the cute touches everywhere. The menu was extensive and had something for everyone. We ordered a delicious southern egg roll appetizer that everyone enjoyed immensely. The tilapia scampi is a unique dish that I have yet to come across anywhere else and is still one of my favorite meals from a restaurant. The pulled pork nachos were delicious, but seemed like they should be more of an appetizer than a meal. The food quality was impeccable, something rare to find in a restaurant these days. I can't wait to go back. I tell everyone about it!

• Visited July 2012
1 Thank 578105710

Oxford, Connecticut
“Good place to have cocktails or a good dinner/lunch”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

We have gone to Rathskeller a few times and everytime it is really good...it is not a high end restaurant....it is a average priced restaurant that has good food and good drinks....The menu has tons of things to choose from...so no matter what you feel like..there is something for everyone...my personal favorite is the Rathskeller grilled chicken sandwich..so yummy...
This is a really good location to meet a friend for lunch/dinner or cocktails....

• Visited May 2013
Aledo, Texas
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Very high quality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2013

I don't often write a review, but the quality observed at this restaurant was exemplary. I think the salmon was the best I ever had. My companions agreed as well that the food quality was excellent and their overall restaurant experience was top notch. Moreover, the waitress was pleasant and helpful, arriving at our table with a smile each time. The atmosphere was positive , comfortable, and without too much noise. I would highly recommend this restaurant to anyone, and I definitely plan to return.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank Greg H
Milford, Connecticut
“Nice vibe, great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 8, 2013

This is a casual restaurant that has a large menu guaranteed to please everyone from the burger eater to the gourmet. We eat here at least once a month and sometimes it is for the big, juicy burgers and sometimes for the exceptional entrees. The owners are warm, delightful people who want their restaurant to be a great place to hang out with friends. They have succeeded! The bar is always crowded with locals and it has a vibe like the "Cheers" bar. Whether it is your first time or your 40th, you will be treated like a friend. The booths offer a more laid back, intimate dining experience.

• Visited March 2013
Middlebury
“We loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 29, 2013

Sometimes you stumble upon a restaurant you just love and this was ours. We've been to the big restaurants in NYC, Napa Valley and Chicago so we know what good is. The staff was great, friendly and prompt. We were on our way to the movies and the host took care of us and even took our drink order since the waitress was with another table, it was very busy. Food was wonderful, my almond crusted salmon was one of the best dinners I can recall. My wife had a shrimp and chicken dish which she thoroughly enjoyed. The place was a little loud, it is half restaurant/ half bar area, but we like a lively crowd. Dessert was a classic brownie a la mode, fresh and delicious. Great job!

• Visited January 2013